News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Unhappy foot passengers

Started by Carl, October 06, 2012, 03:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

A slightly odd bug to report on the devel branch.

In short, passengers seem very slow to use foot connections between stations -- so slow that when enough of them build up they will start being "discarded" as unhappy passengers (which seems a bit rich since their laziness is the cause of their plight in this case! :) )At least some foot passengers *are* being transported, but it is almost as if there is a bottleneck -- that only so many will be transported by foot in a given time.

A savegame and pak folder is below (sorry it's so large -- not sure how to recreate this in isolation.) The savegame should run with a recent devel build. The place to keep an eye on here is Cannon Street: fast forward and note the large body of passengers building up "wanting" to go to Liverpool Street and other destinations, but who appear to never actually start their journey on foot.

Edit: A clarification here: it looks like foot passengers build up throughout the month and then all travel together at the end of the month. But since months can be quite long depending on one's settings (and indeed they are 12 hours on this map), this can't be right.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61716/unhappypassengers.rar

------

Another thing related to foot travel. I tried to turn off "allow_routing_on_foot" in the advanced settings menu, but the setting won't save -- when I go back into the menu again the option is still selected

jamespetts

I have found and fixed the second of these issues on the -devel branch. The first issue I have yet to have time to look into, but thank you for the report. Shall investigate further when time permits!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Hm, I seem to have overlooked this. Do you still get this issue on the latest release version, 10.13?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

The occurrence of this bug is very hit-and-miss anyway; I'll let you know if I see it again in 10.13.