News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Oktoberfest Brazil

Started by An_dz, October 13, 2012, 02:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Right now our TV is transmitting the Brazilian Oktoberfest in Blumenau, Santa Catarina. It's the second biggest Oktoberfest, losing only for the original one in Germany.

The transmission is also on internet, if anyone is interested you can watch here. But it's not HD as on TV. :(

Since our community is full of Germans I think it would be cool to post. :D

edit:
Forgot to mention, they are transmitting the parade and if you want to check the area where the festival is held there's the official site.

Roads

That looks like it would be so much fun!  Thanks for posting.  I had no idea what those things were like or even that they existed.  The lady reporters are gorgeous!  It is worth checking out just to see them. :)

I watched the band; the music was nice and the city, at least what I could see of it - very beautiful.

prissi

As far as I know the largest Octoberfest by far is in China ...

(but this is from someone who would never ever go to the original one anyway.)

dom700

Quote from: prissi on October 14, 2012, 07:19:18 AM
(but this is from someone who would never ever go to the original one anyway.)

Well, this is mainly because we have nice festivals everywhere, while the Octoberfest itself is for idiots and tourists

An_dz

Quote from: Roads on October 14, 2012, 01:28:15 AM
That looks like it would be so much fun!  Thanks for posting.  I had no idea what those things were like or even that they existed.  The lady reporters are gorgeous!  It is worth checking out just to see them. :)

I watched the band; the music was nice and the city, at least what I could see of it - very beautiful.
Nice you liked Roads, there are around 15 october festivals here on my state. Oktoberfest is the most know, but there are a lot of others. The festivals goes from German, Italian, Austrian, Swiss, Polish and Portuguese. It all depends on the main colonization in the city.

And if you liked the reporters, come do a tour here. Most of the girls here are like that. ;)

Quote from: prissi on October 14, 2012, 07:19:18 AM
As far as I know the largest Octoberfest by far is in China ...
China! Why I'm not impressed?
Thanks for updating my database. So it's the third. Or at least the most look-like the original.

isidoro

Quote from: An_dz on October 14, 2012, 03:47:03 PM
[...]
So it's the third. Or at least the most look-like the original.

Except for the temperature, I guess...  ;)

IgorEliezer

Quote from: isidoro on October 14, 2012, 09:57:18 PM
Except for the temperature, I guess...  ;)
...um, not sure about temperature. Brazil is kind of famous for being hot and sunny, but it's true for tourists that visit the coastal regions like Rio de Janeiro and Northeastern capitals (these pretty near the Equator line). Both today and yesterday were fairly cold where I live in the Greater São Paulo; temperatures ranged between 12 and 20°C. A week ago we had 9°C; note that it's spring here. I believe Blumenau is colder than here because it's 500km closer to the South Pole than us.

An_dz

In truth Blumenau is hot, at least in summer. It's in middle of a valley and have high humidity.

Right now temperatures are around 20°C and 10°C in cities bellow the mountain chain. The cities above it are colder, with temperatures ranging 20°C - 0°.

I took a look in Munich temperatures and they are 10°C less than Blumenau.

Quick fact:
The Oktoberfest in Blumenau was created to reconstruct the city from the most catastrophic flooding, the river was 15,3m over it's normal height. And the flooding took 10 days. In the next year the flooding got 15,6m. Anyway the biggest was in 1911 with 16,3m. And look that the river can go up to 7m without hitting the city.

sdog

Quote from: dom700 on October 14, 2012, 09:00:44 AM
Well, this is mainly because we have nice festivals everywhere, while the Octoberfest itself is for idiots and tourists

that's perhaps a bit harsh. while i'm not very fond of it either, lot's of people happily drunk there. Quite a lot of rather young adults having quite a blast there. And there are still a few areas where genuine, local, traditional becomming very drunk is practiced.

Oktoberfest in Munich is in september, during the oktoberfest time this year temperature in munich was around 20 C. Temperature in Blumenau is roughly the same today.

dom700

Quote from: sdog on October 15, 2012, 04:03:58 AM
that's perhaps a bit harsh. while i'm not very fond of it either, lot's of people happily drunk there. Quite a lot of rather young adults having quite a blast there. And there are still a few areas where genuine, local, traditional becomming very drunk is practiced.
Im not saying anything against those festivals, just know that the beer price is ridiculously high, public transport is completely jammed, hotels may be asking about 10x the usual price and violence there is much higher than on other festivals.

sdog

"[...] hotels [...]" <- why?

Here's the traditional way:

Well, a decade ago i wasn't so fond of the "happily drunk", since i took the same train home.

The bottles are by the way "Augustiner", and only because of 'Wiesn' you can see so few. On average it's one per passenger in the evening commuter train towards the east of upper-bavaria.