News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Pak128.Britain: Busses (now getting artwork)

Started by jamespetts, December 24, 2008, 06:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Yes, I've noticed that: I have updated my copy as well. I shall have to do the translations when I get around to it - there are bugs to fix with Simutrans-Experimental, and lorry timelines to do, too! Ahh, if only time could be extended to fit our purposes...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Translations aren't a priority - I can do them once I've done all the graphics for the next release if you haven't done it by then.

jamespetts

Given that my original coach timeline was not very complete, I thought that I'd fill in by re-colouring some of the existing 'buses and making their coach versions. Attached are images of (1) the coach version of the RF; and (2) the coach version of the long Routemaster (using the original green - I produced a red version to act as the 'bus type). I have modified my copies of the .dat files accordingly (the original RF actually had the number of seats for the coach, not the 'bus version, so I have modified that, too). Would you like the .dat/png files?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Yes, can you send them to me?  Can I ask how you did them? Pixel painting?  If so you have more patience than me!

jamespetts

Sent.

No, not pixel painting - using The GIMP, I selected the 'buses with the wand tool (select by blue, medium to low threshold), and simply adjusted the hue/saturation sliders (the saturation needed to be increased when going from green to red, and decreased when going from red to green). I certainly don't have the patience to push pixels, either!