News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

"Real" Terminus

Started by klkoklam, November 05, 2012, 04:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klkoklam

When I was playing simutrans, I just thought something like this. Hope you guys will like it !

Now, in simutrans, passenger may not leave the bus/train even it has arrived the terminus and it will disturb the route' s running

(e.g. if there is a route
1. Point A ( Terminus ; Boarding )
2. Point B
3. Point C  ( Terminus ; drop off passengers )
4. Point D ( Parking Bay , set time schedule )
3. Point C  ( Terminus ; Boarding )
5. Point E
6. Point A ( Terminus ; drop off passengers)

if passenger seat from point B to E, it will via Terminus and may affect the parking time ( when the bus is full, we can't arrange the schedule )

So that I hope there will have a function that set a/some bus stop that all passenger must leave the bus/train in order to avoid this situation. There will be no people in the bus/train when it 's parking.

Thanks for reading and welcome for comments.
sorry for my poor english, I hope you will understand  :-[

prissi

In your example how should people then travel from B to E? OR maybe my misunderstanding is in "set time schedule" as there is no such function in simutrans. ANd why should a filled bus wait?

Sarlock

As I understand it, your passengers are loading the bus at Point A and travelling to Point E.  Along the way, they stop at Terminus Point C, disembark from the bus and it goes to park at parking bay D, then returns to Point C, reloads the passengers and continues to Point E.

Why is the bus unloading at Point C and parking?  You mention a time schedule.  Are you playing Experimental?
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

klkoklam

em..
sorry for my bad english again.

as I mentioned, I mean I want to let the bus go back to a paking stop after terminus (just for fun ). Howevwer, the passenger will also follow the bus to that stop even their destination is not that parking stop.

So, I hope there will be a function can set a / some stop(s) that all passengers must leave the bus ( so the bus will have 0 passenger when it goes to the parking stop. )

hope you will understand, thanks !

Sarlock

I understand what you're saying now...

Pick up passengers at Station A --->
Drop off passengers at Station C --->
Go to Parking Lot D (wait) --->
Return to Station C and pick up passengers again --->
Drop off passengers at Station E

You want to force the passengers to disembark at Station C while the bus goes to park and the bus driver has his sandwich at Parking Lot D and then get picked up again at Station C.

The passengers are smart enough to know when they load the bus at Station A that the bus will eventually take them to Station E, so they stay on the bus.

Since this isn't possible, why don't you make two busses...

A) Bus #1 Schedule:
1) Station A (picks up passengers)
2) Station C (drops off passengers, now empty)
3) Parking Lot D
4) Station C, except choose a waypoint that is 1 tile beyond the station--that way it doesn't pick up passengers
5) Station E, except again choose a waypoint that is 1 tile beyond the station
6) Station C, again choose a waypoint outside the actual station
7) Parking Lot D
8 ) Station C (now pick up the passengers)
...goes back to Station A...

B) Bus #2 Schedule:
1) Station E (pick up passengers)
2) Station C (drop off passengers, now empty)
3) Parking Lot D
4) Station C, choose waypoint outside station
5) Station A, choose waypoint outside station
6) Station C, choose waypoint outside station
7) Parking Lot D
8 ) Station C (now pick up passengers)
...goes back to Station E...

Visibly it will look like you have two busses running that route that are both picking up passengers from Station A and Station E and stopping at Station C and going for a break at the parking lot, empty.  In reality the two busses are each serving different legs of the journey, A-C and C-E since those are the only stations they actually stop at.

Of course, this route will likely lose money due to operating costs...
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

klkoklam

Quote from: Sarlock on November 06, 2012, 06:08:22 AM
I understand what you're saying now...

Pick up passengers at Station A --->
Drop off passengers at Station C --->
Go to Parking Lot D (wait) --->
Return to Station C and pick up passengers again --->
Drop off passengers at Station E

You want to force the passengers to disembark at Station C while the bus goes to park and the bus driver has his sandwich at Parking Lot D and then get picked up again at Station C.

The passengers are smart enough to know when they load the bus at Station A that the bus will eventually take them to Station E, so they stay on the bus.

Since this isn't possible, why don't you make two busses...

A) Bus #1 Schedule:
1) Station A (picks up passengers)
2) Station C (drops off passengers, now empty)
3) Parking Lot D
4) Station C, except choose a waypoint that is 1 tile beyond the station--that way it doesn't pick up passengers
5) Station E, except again choose a waypoint that is 1 tile beyond the station
6) Station C, again choose a waypoint outside the actual station
7) Parking Lot D
8 ) Station C (now pick up the passengers)
...goes back to Station A...

B) Bus #2 Schedule:
1) Station E (pick up passengers)
2) Station C (drop off passengers, now empty)
3) Parking Lot D
4) Station C, choose waypoint outside station
5) Station A, choose waypoint outside station
6) Station C, choose waypoint outside station
7) Parking Lot D
8 ) Station C (now pick up passengers)
...goes back to Station E...

Visibly it will look like you have two busses running that route that are both picking up passengers from Station A and Station E and stopping at Station C and going for a break at the parking lot, empty.  In reality the two busses are each serving different legs of the journey, A-C and C-E since those are the only stations they actually stop at.

Of course, this route will likely lose money due to operating costs...
thanks for the suggestion !
but it will be better if there are a extension/new feature in simutrans to force the passengers get out form the bus in the bus stop which is selected !

thanks.