News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

multi transfer of goods problem

Started by gutterball, November 13, 2012, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gutterball

Hi I have a problem with supplying a factory. The route goes rail> dock> dock>rail . The first three steps are ok but the leg from the dock to the factory won't load. The route is ok as I can sent the train along it empty. The layout of dock and rail terminal is the same at both points and the supply chain is correct.

cheesehead

Every case I ever had of a broken supply chain (I've has lots of them) turned out to be a player mistake.

- Connecting the wrong resource with a factory. 
- Building adjacent dock and platform as different stations instead of the same station.
- Building an outlying platform as a different station, and it's too far from the factory.
- Wrong type of vehicle (rail car or ship or truck) for one leg.
- Telling the vehicle to load at the wrong station, or telling it to load 100% at the drop station instead of the load station.
- Non-continuous (broken) railway lines, wrong-way signals, broken catenary, broken canals or channels.

I have done them all. Not one has been the game's fault.

Feel free to post screenshots of your three terminals, or even a complete savegame, if you really cannot figure it out.
We like puzzles to solve....

Roads

The goods in the dock should say something like 236 sand > Concrete Mixer <804,621> via Wesley Concrete Mixer yard.

This, where the coords are the coords of your factory.  If the goods reference the factory they should be picked up for, then it seems to me it just about has to be either the wrong type car (wagon) or station at the factory is too far away or possibly it doesn't have enough tiles - not sure about this as you might get a partial unload - I've never tested that.  I'm thinking it has to be either a problem with the station tiles at the dock or at the factory.

Modify:  Now that I have thought about this some I would click on the railroad tiles at the dock and make sure they have the same name as the dock where the ship unloads.  Sometimes when I'm adding a railroad station to a dock I'll set down my first tile at the wrong end of the railroad tracks and it will of course, result in a different station name than the boat dock.

gutterball

OK I've sorted it. Roads was correct the station tiles were the wrong way round.  Thanks for the help.  :)

Roads

Very welcome!  Hope you are making lots of money in game.  On side note maybe your bowling will improve. :)

gutterball

the nickname dates back a few years. we needed a spare and 4 pins to win a local competition and i guttered the ball going for the 6/10. as for money i find if you can get past the 1st year it's ok.