News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

[FUN] Get the **** off my bus!

Started by Ters, November 06, 2012, 03:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

Quote from: Sarlock on November 06, 2012, 06:08:22 AM
You want to force the passengers to disembark at Station C while the bus goes to park and the bus driver has his sandwich at Parking Lot D and then get picked up again at Station C.

I picture a bus driver with a gun yelling at passengers to get the **** off his bus because it's his lunch time.

Roads

Say Ters, would that first * be an H or a F?  I'm betting on F, do I win? :)

Ters

Since I figured at least two words fit, I left all four letters masked to let the reader decide.

Combuijs

Roads is right, it is the F. But why **** when you just could use the word "food"  :question:
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Ters

Because I didn't initially picture the bus driver as using any f word, possibly because I for some reason imagined him in the 1950s or 1960s (somehow I got the impression the f word wasn't as popular back then).

Roads

And you would be right.  I added a lot of profanity to my speech during my time in the army and especially in Vietnam.  This I tried to clean up before going home but occasionally would slip up.  I remember my Mother being shocked when I said the word "#ell."

No idea how it is in Europe and other places now but here in the U.S., it seems nothing shocks anyone.

Markohs

Here in Spain swearing it's quite common. :)

Fabio

In Italy swearing is common as well, also in semi-official contexts (e.g. in the office, with bosses and coworkers alike).

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Actually, using the latest forum technology, I have investigated the post in question, and can reveal that the word behind the text is - COVER YOUR EARS, CHILDREN - "heck".

:)

Ters

Since we're totally derailed, there was a court case here in Norway where it was decided that it's okay for a person from Northern Norway to call a police officer names designed for equine genitalia as such words are part of their traditional speech. (People from Northern Norway are known for their colorful language.) Otherwise, profanity, especially based on religious concepts, has become quite common in everyday speech (though on television, people may still apologize afterwards), but some words, usually based on sexuality, may still provoke reactions when applied to a person.

Sarlock

Wow, did we ever hijack that thread!   ;D  Get off my bus, it's lunch!

Swearing is quite common in Canada as well.  I have a very colourful vocabulary when in the right group of people :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Ters

In the right group of people, I'm more inclinded to say naughty things without naughty words, or suggesting other people has done so. Swearing is just mundane.

Markohs

In some parts of southern Spain it's not uncommon to hear people salute each other with "hola hijoputa" == "hi, son of the b*tch" normally, even in members of the same familiy or people you just meet some minutes ago.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Lmallet

Quote from: Sarlock on November 07, 2012, 05:41:51 PM
Swearing is quite common in Canada as well.  I have a very colourful vocabulary when in the right group of people :)

****, eh?

Sarlock

sdog

Here the mayor gave the pax something like this last week.
A full bus load of pax was left stranded when police made an urgent request for a bus from the toronto transit commision. They used it  drive ther mayors football team home.

@Sarlock
i hear a bit of international swearing here, but mostly people are incredibly polite.
I'm not so sure if 'sorry' could be considered almost like a swear word. It certainly is used to tell the user of the word is angry on you. In the combination with "I'm so" it expresses a lack of interest, with the emphasis on the 'so' telling how uninterested one is. It ranges from "don't care" to something more.

@markohs
really? what are you saying?! ¡me c... la p... h...!
It's always easy to spot spanish tourists ...

isidoro

When I traveled to the USA, it was very strange to me how sensitive people were in general to bad language.  For an alien like me, those funny English words didn't mean much (you have not grown up with the taboo to notice the payload they carry).

I happened to meet a nice Mormon guy that was specially sensitive and, devil me, I enjoyed saying a string of ten or more of those words every time we met for the fun of seeing him covering his ears with his hands.

Incidentally, now I wonder if he really liked me being that verbal, because I remember him covering his ears so that there was space between his fingers, so that the sound could really pass through.

Sarlock

QuoteA full bus load of pax was left stranded when police made an urgent request for a bus from the toronto transit commision. They used it  drive ther mayors football team home.

Haha, yes, good 'ol Rob Ford is at it again.  He's very entertaining for the rest of us in Canada to watch... I'd hate if he was my mayor though...  ???

ӔO

^ You're lucky. I have to live with him as my mayor.

At least I don't have to live with him this month, and instead I get to use these confusing "zones" of vancouver area. My god, I didn't think I'll be able to see an automatic ticket validating machine in canada! TTC infrastructure has been stuck in the 60's for the past 50 years.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

sdog

QuoteTTC infrastructure has been stuck in the 60's for the past 50 years.

that's why everything is so expensive, they have to order it to a retro-standard while off the shelf stuff would be state of the art :-P

TTC Manager A: "For only 20% more we can get the original ride experience of a Fishbowl in today's buses."
TTC Manager B: "Great, let's invest 2% more to get an urn for small change and tokens."
TTC Manager C: "We also need R&D money to develop obstacles to put in front of the doors of the new low-floor trams."

I'll keep my laughs on Rob until (a) i'll be gone from Toronto,  (b) he's out of his office, or (c) he visits Dufferin Grove Park on a saturday afternoon.

Lmallet

Quote from: sdog on November 08, 2012, 01:12:14 AM
I'll keep my laughs on Rob until (a) i'll be gone from Toronto,  (b) he's out of his office, or (c) he visits Dufferin Grove Park on a saturday afternoon.
My solution was to move north of Steeles.  :)

ӔO

Ah, toronto, the armpit of canada... :p

Colour safe chart:

sdog

speaking of the anatomy of a country, what would Montreal be?

ӔO

I dunno what quebec would be... Usually body parts don't like amputating themselves from the main body :p
Maybe they are baby teeth?

The real armpit of canada is actually Hamilton. It's pretty obvious why, if you look at the map of Ontario, but toronto gets an dishonourable mention for really sucking developing itself, despite being the economic center of Canada.

Colour safe chart:

Sarlock

QuoteAt least I don't have to live with him this month, and instead I get to use these confusing "zones" of vancouver area.

Welcome to the left coast... where excessive taxation brings you automated ticket machines and $3 billion dollar toll bridges.

Born and raised in Vancouver... I'm part duck to cope with the endless rain.