News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

FIX costs to make stuff public

Started by Dwachs, November 11, 2012, 01:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

In order to make stuff public, the player has to pay 60 months of maintenance in advance. However, there was an error in this calculation. Here is a patch. Did I found all places, where this extra money is charged ?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

The only comment is, should the scaling not reather be done bei simworld.cc or einstellung.cc since it depends on the world settings, not the player settings. Other than that, also ways need scale maintenance. But I presume that this is a gradual patch then.

Dwachs

The scaling is done currently when the maintenance costs itself are booked from the players account. Thus I put the scaling into this class.

Edit: Should I put the scaling method into simworld.h ?

Btw this is not a gradual patch. It is more or less finished.

prissi

Sorry, I overlooked that these are non-maintenance booking. But I think those should not scale with bits_per_month at all. Maitenenace per train is always the same, no matter what bits per month. It is either book seldomely and much or more often and less. But the amount per train is the same. Thus the make public will book an amount per train, since the saving is on a per train basis. As such it must not scale with bits_per_month. (The payback should be a fixed number of trainloads, no matter what bits_per_month.)

Dwachs

??? the make-public tool transfers ways & stations to the public player. It is intended to cost 60 time the monthly maintenance. The monthly maintenance of infrastructure does depend on bits-per-months, however the make-public tool does not care. Hence the patch.

It has nothing to do with trains and running-costs.

Fabio

What is it done with that money? Is it just spent?  I think it would be logical to transfer it to the public player (after all you advance in cash what the public service will need to pay in the next 5 years).

prissi

The make public save the player some maintenance. Maintenance per real time minute is constant in simutrans. The change with bits_per_month ensure that you per real time minute (which finially determines how many convois can run through a station and hence profit) the maintenance is constant. It is only booked in large amounts more seldom.

THe make_public has a certain pay back time *in real time minutes* since the pay-back depends only on the number of convois. Thus make_public should not depend on bits_per_months (bpm), since the payback is determined by the number of convois per time.

In other words: Lets say maintenace cost is 100. Then make public should charge 6000. Those 60 would have be charge trough 60 month i.e. 5 years (with bpm 18) or during 15 month with bpm 20. The real time for payback (your cahsflow per real time minute is independent from bpm in simutrans) would be the same.

Does it make sense now?

Dwachs

ok. So the current behavior is fully intended as it charges maintenance for the same real-time period.

prissi

Jaridan

seeing as you are working on this right now, i wondered if it would be possible to "fix" the GUI for making stuff public.

Because right now it ,always, says, "....connect...(108000€ per field(tile?) and level)" , and i wondered if it would be possible to change the number of 108k ,seeing as it is kind of misleading for new players, on how much it costs to make a road public.

prissi

I was not aware of the change for making public roads with this tool ... not sure how to change the translation. Maybe "per buidling" or you have to pay xtimes the maintenace at once?

Jaridan

well it's not only for roads (maybe i didn't explain myself quite well)

i meant to ask, if it were possible to change the number or text displayed for the tool. because the huge number shown stands in no relation to what you try to make public.

edit: shouldn't post when it's this late lol... y, you got what i meant.