News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

big modification of buidings_city

Started by mEGa, November 11, 2012, 04:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mEGa

With winter project (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10565.msg104276#msg104276) I arrive at step of modification of big buildings like grass_stadium, high_school... I decided to really improve these because of many reasons :

• hardly just create east rotate and put snow effects
  • I judge they are too old (particularly high school...)
  • I want to create 4 rotations
So this is what I plan :
Grass_stadium

• one stadium for football (see joined file)
  • and one for rugby (see joined file)
high school

• old building since 1880 like this
  • contemporary building since 1950 inpired by original patrick's element
What do you mean about this transformation ?
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

VS

Splitting stadium into multiple types = OK. But I would make a replacement for current one, without any running track, and new ones maybe 2x3 with correct track shape. I have never seen it rectangular, only oval. Also... if it is possible, could you make old versions with more normal grass (not striped super green grass)?

I like the plan for high school :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Stadiums should also have some tribunes for spectators, I guess.

Would you also feel like making one or more hospitals? We used to have one, but the author went missing so we had to remove it when we released open source.

Sarlock

The running track is more oval at the ends, yeah.. but then we'd need to extend the image another 2 tiles in one direction to fit the extra track.  Having some seating areas on the edges would be nice, even just the metal bleachers kind.

I could make a couple of hospitals if you like... that would be a fun project to tackle now that I'm done my SFC.  After I'm home from vacation, of course...

I love the plan for the high school.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Vladki

The running tracks usually begin on the longer side of stadium so that you can run 100 m in straight line.

mEGa

Ok I noted your feedbacks and thank you.
For stadium, you're comments are rights VS . it was too rectangular for tracks. I am going to begin again new sketch like this :

• soccer field in middle of oval running tracks on 2x3 tiles. it will be for big city (may be> 10.000 citizens)
  • rugby field on 2x2 tiles EDIT : after tests it must be also 2x3 tiles (as original grass stadium) without running tracks. (it will seems more realistic)
All stadiums will have some tribunes for spectators of course.

@Vladki : yes. I 'll modify direction of straight tracks.
I shall present you new version soon.

Quote from: Fabio on November 11, 2012, 10:19:33 PM
Would you also feel like making one or more hospitals? We used to have one, but the author went missing so we had to remove it when we released open source.
Yes, it's also an idea which I had for addons specifically French.Sarlock: you can begin with no problem at all. Your style will be so good for that ;)

mEGa

Well. I present to you new version of rugby field issued of original grass_stadium.

New Old

Finally ii was painted on on 2x3 tiles.
I'm going to create 3 another rotations after your possible comments.

Fabio

Beautiful! I love especially the turf, so realistic!

But do rugby fields have flags at the corners as well? I believed that was peculiar to soccer... ???

Sarlock

Wow... just wow.  That looks incredible!

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Just a minor detail: probably outside the fence it was better with the sidewalk, or maybe transparent, so it blends better with the different climates "breaking" a bit the tile. If you go with 4 rotations, you should put the small building and the tribunes on the side near the road, with the sidewalk. The other 3 sides could be transparent outside the fence.

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on November 14, 2012, 06:18:50 PM
Beautiful! I love especially the turf, so realistic!

But do rugby fields have flags at the corners as well? I believed that was peculiar to soccer... ???
Yes of course there are flags in corners... But you're partially right : they are triangular and not rectangular as I drew them. I'll corrected them.
Quote from: Fabio on November 14, 2012, 06:46:08 PM
Just a minor detail: probably outside the fence it was better with the sidewalk, or maybe transparent, so it blends better with the different climates "breaking" a bit the tile. If you go with 4 rotations, you should put the small building and the tribunes on the side near the road, with the sidewalk. The other 3 sides could be transparent outside the fence.
Yes you're right again. I had same thoughts and I think that I'll apply transparency zone if test of pedestrian texture seems uggly. I will show you for comments before decision.
Thank for your right feedback.

Zeno

Simply amazing work! love that new stadium!  :o

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

el_slapper

just to be an a$$ : there is no snow on the truck.

Besides that, incredible quality. Those tyre tracks in the snow are just real.

mEGa

Thanks all for your nice comments, really.
Quote from: el_slapper on November 15, 2012, 10:14:52 AM
just to be an a$$ : there is no snow on the truck.
It is the guard's car. He runs day after day ;-). So snow does'nt have any time to stay.

ML

Quote from: mEGa on November 15, 2012, 12:50:51 PM
It is the guard's car. He runs day after day ;) . So snow does'nt have any time to stay.
I am wondering, why he isn´t using the public transport system! ;D
Anyway, would you mind adding substitutes benches for the football stadium provided it would be enough place there?

prissi

If you replace something with larger size, maybe you should propose a replacement with the same size to avoid holes in older games.

mEGa

Good suggestion. Thanks Prissi. May be basket ball field or soccer street ?

Here new proposition :

Notice: I moved fences on inline borders and apply pavement texture only on one border. protection of goals are a little grew up too.

Fabio

It's as beautiful as ever!

Still I believe the sidewalk should be on the west side (where the entrance is).

Markohs

Sarlock

That looks great!

One question, however... doesn't our sun shine from due south?  The shadows indicate a south-western sun direction  ;)

(not that anyone besides us would even notice)

mEGa

Well, I noticed your last comments and applied them. Final version views :

There is an example (joined file) to replace original grass_stadium as Prissi noticed. Maybe we can only replace little soccer field...

Fabio

I believe there will be also the other 2 views, as they are needed given its non-square shape.

I would love to replace the old smaller one with a basketball court, or with a tennis court, being both smaller also in real world. (maybe both, and we'll have a complete sport fields set :D).

Great work, Eric!

greenling

(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

mEGa

Thank you very much for your nice comments.
Well final step for stadium_rugby.

East view in real game (simu 112 with pak128 2.1)

Here you can download pakfile (pre-release version)
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:stadium_rugby.pak
and sources are here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:stadium_rugby_src.zip

Quote from: Fabio on November 18, 2012, 11:34:27 AM
I would love to replace the old smaller one with a basketball court, or with a tennis court, being both smaller also in real world. (maybe both, and we'll have a complete sport fields set :D ).
I'm agree with you. But is it a problem with name of original 'grass stadium' if we paint basket ball court on asphalt or cement ground ?

Sarlock

Funny how a "real" rugby pitch would be around 6 tilesx4 tiles in size to be to a 20m/tile scale. (actual pitch is 68m wide by 112-122m long).  It would be huge!

This looks great, mEGa... the white lines on the pitch are at strange distances from each other, but that's such a minor thing.

QuoteI would love to replace the old smaller one with a basketball court, or with a tennis court, being both smaller also in real world. (maybe both, and we'll have a complete sport fields set ).
I'm agree with you. But is it a problem with name of original 'grass stadium' if we paint basket ball court on asphalt or cement ground ?

I think it should be kept as a grass stadium/field for consistency with old loads.  We can still make the other fields additionally.

greenling

mega
bravo!
The Rugbyfield make me flat as a flunder. :o

prissi

Again: you can replace it with something different if you replace the name in the compat.tab. I can even become a church or whatever. It is just for old game compatibility, that buildings with exactly the same name must have the same size.

Fabio

It looks splendid in game, but for me that should be the South face, not the eastern one ;)

sdog

excellent ground texture on the rugby pitch, it looks very much like a heavily abused lawn.

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on November 18, 2012, 07:28:21 PM
It looks splendid in game, but for me that should be the South face, not the eastern one ;)
Sure ! I spoke finally about the image taken in Tilecutter. I am sometimes wrong with orientation of the game.
Quote from: Sarlock on November 18, 2012, 05:42:16 PM
Funny how a "real" rugby pitch would be around 6 tilesx4 tiles in size to be to a 20m/tile scale. (actual pitch is 68m wide by 112-122m long).  It would be huge!

I think it should be kept as a grass stadium/field for consistency with old loads.  We can still make the other fields additionally.
Yes you're right ! The challenge is exactly to make a credible ratio between reality and 2D rendering in the game.

According right Prissi's comment, I decided to create tennis court set (changing room, grass court and clay court) on 2x2 tiles replacing old grass_stadium and I want to create soccer stadium when would have some time.

EDIT :
See joined file : sketch of project of tennis court set. Becareful, there is no detail and no accessories. I want to put fast food along changing room and a garden in front of the entrance.

mEGa

Well, completed sketch of tennis courts set (remember it is to replace ld grass_stadium).
I begin to paint other rotations

Fabio

Quote from: mEGa on November 20, 2012, 11:57:00 AM
Well, completed sketch of tennis courts set

That half court in the bottom left corner, is it a training field against the wall?
Just this doubt, the rest is breathtaking as usual!

Quote from: mEGa on November 18, 2012, 04:31:51 PM
Thank you very much for your nice comments.
Well final step for stadium_rugby.
sources are here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:stadium_rugby_src.zip

Is this ready for commit? If so I'll download it and add to the svn.

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on November 20, 2012, 12:25:17 PM
Is this ready for commit? If so I'll download it and add to the svn.
Maybe yes. If I make a bugfix I will submit again (I think about some transparent resistant pixel...)
Quote from: Fabio on November 20, 2012, 12:25:17 PM
That half court in the bottom left corner, is it a training field against the wall?
Yes. Do you want I change this ? Or try to improve aspect ?