News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

big modification of buidings_city

Started by mEGa, November 11, 2012, 04:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Fabio

Quote from: mEGa on November 18, 2012, 04:31:51 PM
Thank you very much for your nice comments.
Well final step for stadium_rugby.
sources are here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:stadium_rugby_src.zip

In r1044.

I took the liberty to
1) add a copyright string on the image
2) set an intro_year=1845 (when the Rules of the Rugby game were written, although the guard's truck is anachronistic, but heck, it didn't have any intro_year at all!)
3) swap rotations 3->0, 0->1, 1->2, 2->3 although I'm afraid they are used slightly different from 1*1 tile buildings. The change is meant to have the small building and the pickup truck nearest the road, but we need to test rotations thoroughly.

Thank you, mEGa!

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on November 22, 2012, 04:13:05 PM
In r1044.

I took the liberty to
1) add a copyright string on the image
2) set an intro_year=1845 (when the Rules of the Rugby game were written, although the guard's truck is anachronistic, but heck, it didn't have any intro_year at all!)
3) swap rotations 3->0, 0->1, 1->2, 2->3 although I'm afraid they are used slightly different from 1*1 tile buildings. The change is meant to have the small building and the pickup truck nearest the road, but we need to test rotations thoroughly.

Thank you, mEGa!
Thank you too Fabio. you're enhancements are welcome because i'm not comfortable sometimes with parameters. It's good, sure.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

mEGa

Hi, there is last news about grass_stadium replacement.

Here 4 view of tennis_court

I 'm going now to paint winter season.
BTW, finally I decided to offer new sport set with tennis court and replace old grass_stadium by a new version wich is more simplified :

As it is very simple I 'll paint only 2 views (+ winter views of course)
So I think, in first time, we  will have enough representations of classical fields of sport. Yes I know big stadiums would also be needed. Next time after been completed projects in progress !
What are your thoughts ?

Zeno

Great tennis courts, mEGa!! They are lovely! :)

Only small things I can see are those tennis nets, which I'd make more white, like the exterior fences but white... and the guy playing only rotates once, is that inteded? :P

greenling

mega
the tennis_court look very good out but by the grass_stadium get i that .
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Sarlock

Lovely!  Very nicely done.
Shadows are facing the wrong direction for the grass field.

mEGa

Thans for your fast feedbacks.
Quote from: Zeno on November 23, 2012, 05:28:29 PM
Only small things I can see are those tennis nets, which I'd make more white, like the exterior fences but white... and the guy playing only rotates once, is that inteded? :P
You're right for nets, but, you know, it's very difficult to render that in so small area (3 pixels...) But I notice your comments. Promised I 'll try to improve...
Yes each tennisman is not definitively paint. I also think to add more guy on another courts...
Quote from: Sarlock on November 23, 2012, 06:16:21 PM
Shadows are facing the wrong direction for the grass field.
Are you sure ? I just took them from original source (tree042).

Vladki

Tennis net: maybe just make it brighter than the lines on the ground and add a pixel or two for the band that holds the net in the centre.

Tennis guy: it would be fun to have this practicing guy animated, but I understand that it might be a lot of work... Anyway good work, I just get the feeling of lazy hot summer afternoon, when it is too hot to play tennis, only one kid is playing against the wall.

Football (soccer): I just feel that the circle in the middle is too small... And please add at least some benches for the spare players and couch ;) This looks so lonely... Maybe fewer trees?

Sarlock

Quote from: mEGa on November 23, 2012, 07:39:01 PM
Are you sure ? I just took them from original source (tree042).

Did you turn them 90 degrees?  The shadows are pointing east instead of north.

mEGa

Quote from: Sarlock on November 23, 2012, 11:46:22 PM
Did you turn them 90 degrees?  The shadows are pointing east instead of north.
Ah yes. I know what do you mean. Right ! A bug after painting/moving problably ! I'll modify this, of course. Thanks for your eagle eye ( I dare a joke in spite of my basic English  ;D )

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Actually I don't see the need for trees at all. You could replace them with substitutes' benches and maybe a fence all around...

Vladki

A few more comments to tennis court - top right rotation is missing some fences (between court and house). And the practicing half court with wall seems to be inconsistent in all rotations - lamps are in different positions, and the court seems to be shorter on the two images at the top.

Otherwise  :thumbsup:

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on November 24, 2012, 01:19:54 PM
Actually I don't see the need for trees at all. You could replace them with substitutes' benches and maybe a fence all around...
Ok. I just wanted to offer more green area in cities with this trees. But maybe as you said, field is certainly sufficient.
Quote from: Vladki on November 24, 2012, 01:29:01 PM
A few more comments to tennis court - top right rotation is missing some fences (between court and house). And the practicing half court with wall seems to be inconsistent in all rotations - lamps are in different positions, and the court seems to be shorter on the two images at the top.
Yes thanks ! A missing before exportation (Yesterday, my eyes saw nothing more ! I will modify that. About "practicing half court", I also noticed this effect. I don't know what happen because I respected alignement with the wall. I 'll examine how improve that.

Fabio

IMHO cities are already overly green, except out of the center.

What would really help greener cities is 5-10 parks coded as level 50-60 com and res houses for downtown areas.

sdog

i very much like the new football pitch, with just a few trees sourrounding it it reminds me of a town i lived a while.

Three little recommendations: Such a pitch is often not so well maintained, some wear at the area in front of the goals perhaps?
A foodpath, just grass trampled away and brown ground comming out on one side of the pitch, just below the trees would be good.
The lawnmower stripes are something of a high quality pitch, not some small place beyond trees, i'd go for a homogenous grass colour with wear as described above to avoid a large green area.

mEGa

Hi community,
I was sick but I do better now. Well, after noticed your comments I painted again and improved stadium. I show you last version of grass_stadium replacement:

EDIT : image is revisited with last version.

modifications are :
- cutted trees and added fences and benches as Fabio suggested
- added mud on field near goals and benches as Sdog suggested
- erase grass ground on borderline (transparent ground parameter will be added in dat file)

I suggest this replace old_grass_stadium attraction to get solution of compatibilty with old games as Prissi noticed.

Fabio

First things first:
Quote from: mEGa on November 27, 2012, 11:40:10 AM
I was sick but I do better now.
I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish you a fast and full recovery!

Quote from: mEGa on November 27, 2012, 11:40:10 AM
modifications are :...
This football/soccer pitch is just amazing! An excellent work, I just love it! And the mud is just so real!
If I might only suggest one thing, substitutes' benches could use a bit more contrast with the grass, you kind of easily miss them.
Tough choice, if you go much lighter, you'll lose them in the snow... Maybe some sort of yellow/orange/red color, or any better idea.

Sarlock

Looks great, mEGa!  I like the subtle brown wear in the grass in front of the nets.
I had the flu a few days ago as well, glad you're feeling better :)

greenling

mega
you have make a good job with the footboalfield.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

mEGa

I'm feel better thank you.

Well last version with blue substitutes' benches. I prefer blue than yellow or orange because they are too near color of mud IMHO.

New Old

sources (dat, cut png files,and xcf sources)
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:grass_stadium.zip

I ask please to VS, Fabio (or Zeno) to download them and commit this addon revisited.

Fabio

Thank you, mEGa!

In r1055, with intro date set to 1863 (the year they wrote The Rules of the Game).

EDIT: What is the present state of the tennis court?

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on November 28, 2012, 11:44:13 AM
Thank you, mEGa!

In r1055, with intro date set to 1863 (the year they wrote The Rules of the Game).

EDIT: What is the present state of the tennis court?
Many thanks to you.   I corrected some bugs and applied community's notices... And At this time I paint winter season

EDIT : screenshots in real game.

Fabio

If you need to do something more... maybe make the training course wall 1 px thicker...
Otherwise, I'm speechless as usual!

Another idea for a sport-themed attraction: a 9-holes golf course, something L shaped 6*3... Or even 18-holes, if you dare so! Here an abandoned attempt a few time ago: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3915.msg39047#msg39047

sdog

The new football pitch looks brilliant. With the wear it appears quite real.

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on November 28, 2012, 11:31:49 PM
If you need to do something more... maybe make the training course wall 1 px thicker...
Otherwise, I'm speechless as usual!
Thank you very much ! I corrected wall. So there is last version for submit :

sources pakfile :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:tennis_court_src.zip
sources paintings with Gimp :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:tennis_court_src_xcf.zip
And screenshots in game :

Could you commit it with your count to svn repository ? Thanks per advance.

EDIT:
I forgot to indicate parameters of datfile :

Obj=building
Name=tennis_court
Copyright=mEGa
Type=cur
Passengers=25
intro_year=1930
chance=60

Fabio and others guys : if you see another parameters or want to change this, you can of course.

Quote from: Fabio on November 28, 2012, 11:31:49 PM
Another idea for a sport-themed attraction: a 9-holes golf course, something L shaped 6*3... Or even 18-holes, if you dare so! Here an abandoned attempt a few time ago: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3915.msg39047#msg39047
Excellent idea. I'm going to make a brainstorming for project of 9-holes golf course inpired by golf course of Le Croisic in France (West coast near atlantic ocean... And near I live !)
https://maps.google.fr/maps?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&oe=utf-8&ie=UTF-8&q=golf+le+croisic+44+google+maps&fb=1&gl=fr&hq=golf&hnear=0x4805505b521ee713:0x40d37521e0df0f0,Le+Croisic&cid=0,0,9715482265361369908&ei=H8u4ULj7DY23hAe23oGABw&ved=0CJMBEPwSMAA

Fabio

mEGa

Hi guys,
There is first version of high_scholl_1 revisited :

New Old
I come back with package version soon.

Fabio

Looks great!

What I don't like are the windows on the shorter walls, especially the one near the end.
Those short walls
could have instead the floor-to-ceiling windows typical of public buildings stairwells. Otherwise, an external emergency stair could be good as well.

greenling

Mega
The high school looks very good.
The decorat from pak128 go forward.

Raiser

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

mEGa

Thank you for your nice feedbacks.
Well, there is last version completed with Fabio's comment applied (floor-to-ceiling windows were the fastest modifications)

sources (included, dat, png files and xcf source files):
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:high_school_1_src.zip

parameters on dat file are a little modified because a there will be second high_school for old period (since 1830...) as I mentioned it in previous post.

Obj=building
Name=HIGH_SCHOOL_
Copyright=Patrick & mEGa
Type=cur
Build_Time=11000
Chance=25
Passengers=15
intro_year=1960
intro_month=1

As usually, could you download and commit them ? Thanks per advance.