News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

History of a Metropolis of 1M citizens

Started by Isaac_Clarke, November 13, 2012, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac_Clarke

Paris

Through this topic i will introduce my map which I work since 2 years and especially the capitale city, a crowded metropolis of 1 million citizens and its commons transports, Paris. In fact, Paris has "only" 400k citizens. It's the suburbans cities around Paris that form the remaining 600k citizens.  Here is a aerial screenshot of the metropolis. Paris is separated from the surburbans cities by the peripherical road which surround the city.

The city contains 3 big railways stations which link Paris to the rest of the map (TGV, mainlines trains, night trains,...):

The last Railway station in the picture has the particularity of being "half-underground". In fact she is buried under a slab and gardens have been build in the roof of this Station. Offices buildings also overhang this big railway station

Others stations are mainly trains stations of suburbs. The metropolis count 6 lines of suburbs trains stations which cross the district from north to south, east to west, via the 3 centrals railways seen above and the mains areas of the metropolis (CBD, airport,employment areas,...). In paris intramural, suburbans trains tracks are all underground for not spoiling the landscape of the city. In the suburbs, mains of the tracks are outside

Here is a picture of Paris and its suburbs (left) and the suburbans trains map (right). In the next post, i will detail this map

jap train fan

is there a link to the samegame, pak, and addons or something
thankyou
jap train fan

mEGa

Very interesting. I shall want also to have patience to make a big game as this. Brillant.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Isaac_Clarke

Quote from: jap train fan on November 15, 2012, 10:33:20 AM
is there a link to the samegame, pak, and addons or something
thankyou
jap train fan

I plan to accommodate my savegame. I use the park128 with a lot of addons which I download from differents websites. But i advice you to take a look at this french site which includes a lot of french vehicules and a few monuments like the Eiffel tower:
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=fr:snfos

Thanks mEGa and Carl for you compliments! :) The next post will be posted soon.

Fabio

Beautiful map and beautiful screenshots, but they make me feel the urge to improve & add rotations to the older row housing blocks... ;)

Isaac_Clarke

Suburban Railway Network

Ligne A: Massy TGV <-> Corbeil-Essonnes

This is the oldest line of the network and the most crowded. It deseves the Central Business District of Paris (La Défense), the main central railway station (Paris Gare de Lyon) and the main airport. This line is in correspondence with the Metropolis of Paris
Train model: Z22500 (SNFOS)

Ligne F: Marne-la-Vallée <-> Evry

This line is a secondary line because it passes through the same tracks sections of the line A & D. The main reason that this line exist is that she connect the railway Station of Marne-la-Vallée TGV with the airport.
Train model: Z22500

Ligne D: Vitry <-> Cergy Pontoise TGV

This line deserves the big Technopolis of Cergy-Pontoise and the secondary central train station (Gare Austerlitz)
Train model: Z22500

Ligne C: Melun <-> Corbeil-Essonnes

This is the most recent line, it deserves particularly the big commercial center of Rosny-sous-bois and the Parc des Expositions of Paris
Train model: MI09 (SNFOS)

Ligne B: Meaux <-> Mantes-la-jolie

This is the longest line of the network. It reach the limit of the metropolis from east to west.
Train model: Z22500 and MI09

Ligne F: Rocade

The second most crowded line. It is a very particular line because it toured Paris without crossing the city. So this line only deserves suburbans cities, passing by the main airport, the main football stadium.

Screenshots:

A crowded train Z22500 at St-Denis station (line B):

A modern train MI09 crossing the station of Rosny-sous-bois (Line C), which desserve the center commercial of the same name (you can see that a SFC has been build recently!):

In the next post I will present the main airport of Paris and certainly somes tourists places.

Isaac_Clarke

Airport of Paris Orly

Situated in the city of Orly, next to Paris, this Passengers & Fret airport is the main airport of my map and the second most attented hub all categories of my map (after the railway Station of Lyon(300.000 hab).
The aiport is build in 2 levels: In surface there is the two terminals, the bus stop and the big car parking. Under the airport there is the suburban train station (Lines A,E and F) and 1 Paris's subways line):

The airport in fact:

-19 airplanes regulary lines (19 cities deserved)
-In average: 130 convoys per day (airplanes, trains, buses)
-9 lines of local and suburbans buses

The terminal west home the internationnal airlines (Bruxelles, Munich, Milan, Amsterdam) and a few national lines. The east terminal home all the others national lines.
If one terminal is crowded of planes, the others planes are automatically deported in the other terminal to streamline the traffic in the tarmac.
At the extrem west of the airport, there is the fret branch which is a big distribution platform of many goods (electronics devices, food, and beer of course! Yes in Paris beer arrive by plane  8) )
There is 4 runways in this airport: 2 for landing and 2 for take-off (each terminals has its own landing and take-off runways).

Screenshots:

The underground suburbans trains station just under the West Terminal:

The fret branch and the warehouses:

Any feedbacks?  :)  In the next post i will present the differents quarters of Paris and the facedown of the Metropolis: sensitives suburbans

greenling

Isaac_Clarke
What make a vehicle out pak128 german in your Pak128 set?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Isaac_Clarke

Quote from: greenling on November 23, 2012, 11:01:51 PM
Isaac_Clarke
What make a vehicle out pak128 german in your Pak128 set?

Sorry, which vehicle?

greenling

(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Isaac_Clarke

Oh this one, i don't remember taking this vehicle out of the pak german  ???  But they are very usefull, very old and slow but effective bacause they carry 55 goods  :)

greenling

The vehicle on the photo that 5 minute befor be post have, cam out pak128.german.
pak128.german it the big scale from pakgerman.

Dwachs

How did you built these underground pedestrian areas? Great picture of the underground station!
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

greenling

Dwachs

Thanks! A post, worthy of a pakset archaeologist :) That is an absolutely wonderful addon.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Isaac_Clarke

Quote from: Dwachs on November 25, 2012, 12:42:26 PM
Thanks! A post, worthy of a pakset archaeologist :) That is an absolutely wonderful addon.

Yes this japanese website abound a lot of very interesting addons for pak64 and 128!