News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Where to get MAKEPAK?

Started by seriojik, September 05, 2008, 01:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seriojik

Some Years ago I had painted some Buses for Simutrans (Ikarus-260/280, LiAZ-677/5256 etc)...
Now I'd like to try to paint some more at least for Myself.
But I don't know where to get that Makepak from...  :-[

VS

It's now called makeobj, and download links are next to game downloads... such as with
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=15.0

PS: Just thinking... aren't you S. Kroytor?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

seriojik

seriojik

And another Question: where the Tutorial for Makeobj is? O:-)

VS

So then - welcome back!

Tutorial... hm, probably should be on wiki, but I can't find it :( It's command line program; when creating new objects, first parameter is "pak128" (change number for other sizes), then usually ./ ./ to compile all objcects in this folder to this folder...

makeobj pak128 ./ ./

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

seriojik

Frank

Quote from: seriojik on September 05, 2008, 01:13:18 PM
And another Question: where the Tutorial for Makeobj is? O:-)

Quote from: VS on September 05, 2008, 01:30:33 PM
Tutorial... hm, probably should be on wiki, but I can't find it :( ...

german wiki help

german wiki page en_doPak

gauthier

To use makeobj more handy, you can create .bat commands :
Quotemakeobj pak128 2>err.txt

in "create.bat" (or other name) in the same folder as makeobj for convert dat and png files to paks.
If there is any errors, it will be written in err.txt

Quotemakeobj MERGE name.pak *.pak

in "merge.bat" (or other name) in the same folder as makeobj for merge all pak files in "name.pak" (change the name by editing the text).

vilvoh

If you are windows user, Pakhelper is your best choice. It's a frontend for makeobj, simple and very easy to use.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...