News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Defining the default bridge type

Started by Truthlighting, November 25, 2012, 06:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthlighting

Is there a way to define the default bridge type like these variables in simuconf.tab?:

intercity_road[number]=name,intro-year,retire-year
city_road[number]=name,intro-year,retire-year

If not, how does one define the default bridge type?

DirrrtyDirk

I'm simply guesing now, but I'd say simutrans chooses that by the speed limit of the bridges, compared to that of the roads (or tracks) of the era you play in...
But as I said I'm just guessing, I haven't really played in a long time and have absolutely no idea about the code.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Dwachs

These defaults are used to build inner-city roads and inter-city roads. The bridges and tunnels are chosen to fit the default roads given timeline.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Truthlighting

I'm currently changing the default road types to a US road pack by Joker. However, due to the bridges being apparently undefinable there is an obvious incongruence:

All the roads in the image are defaults, and laid by the computer on game start.

It's great that I can change the roads, but is there no way to change the bridges too?

prissi

If there is a bridge without icon (so it is not buildable by player) and zero costs and a sensible speed limit for the matching intercity road, this bridge will be used.