News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Ironworks needed

Started by jamespetts, November 26, 2012, 12:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

Working from jamespetts's committed files, I revised the .dat to include four rotations.  Furthermore the selection of mills tiles varies over time to show the growth from a 1750 low-efficiency twin hearth, to 1790 with a single hearth with larger workshop, to 1850 with a second storey on the workshop and workings buildings. 

The mills1, mills2 images are slightly updated as well.   Zipfile here includes playable .pak for the impatient among us.

Snow will have to wait until after Christmas...

greenling

Wlindley
The Photo loks super out.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood

Looks good - may I ask what the deal is with the tile that appears blank in the two images currently? Might be best to fill the gap with a generic yard tile or a dump of coal/ore? Or some boxes of goods waiting for shipment away?

jamespetts

The latest Standard builds allow for non-rectangular industries. Perhaps it is related to that?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Since when? I thought all industries had to have the four corners defined even if they had holes in the middle.

Dwachs

Quote from: The Hood on December 04, 2012, 08:11:42 AM
Since when? I thought all industries had to have the four corners defined even if they had holes in the middle.
since some time. Iirc this is included in the 112 release already.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

The Hood

So L-shape is now allowed?

kierongreen

wlindley

Snow images for the Mills --

Adding to the .dat should be fairly simple, I hope... or I can do it, just say the word.

The Hood

Great! Any reason why some appear not to have snow? If you are able to do the dat in the next 12 hours it will make it into the next release.

greenling

Wooh.
That it a very good work. :thumbsup:
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

wlindley

Try this zipfile (.dat and Gimp .xcf sources included).  p.s., Finished snow on one or two other buildings -- the others without snow, are currently unused.

The Hood

Brilliant thanks. Did you see my post in the other thread about a dat for the pharmaceutical factory? If you get time over Christmas, it would be great if you could code up other factory graphics for the other chains. Feel free to experiment with "fields" as well - just bear in mind these don't get rotations.

The Hood

Just adding this to SVN. I also decided to create a new goods type "wrought iron" which is produced by the ironworks and required by the builders' yard up to 1855. From then on Builders' yards now also accept steel.

jamespetts

Is this in addition to or as well as "hardware"?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

wlindley

The dat file says:

OutputGood[0]=hardware
OutputGood[1]=WroughtIron

The Hood

greenling

cool that the ironwork now in svn it.
thank you.

jamespetts

Hmm - looking at this commit, the changes to goods-128.dat seem to be missing. Would wrought iron be defined as piece goods? It would, I suppose, be finished pieces of wrought iron, rather than pig or bar iron, which would rather be bulk or long goods?

Also, I notice that you have added "chance" variables to a number of buildings - these are not used by industries in Simutrans. "Distributionweight" is used instead.

greenling

Distributionweight it that what said how often a factory on a map comes.
it that right?

The Hood

Looks like I missed that - which also explains why I can't get the SVN build to work (just I'm getting a different error message than what I expected for that problem). It's going in now.

jamespetts

Lovely - that is helpful. However, iron ore doesn't have its own load graphics for the various wagons. Is this intended? Only steel and wood are defined as long goods (category 6). Do we need to produce new graphics for all the long goods wagons (including narrow gauge and road vehicles)? I suspect that the wood images will be used in at least some cases, as wood is defined as the 0th graphic in, for example, the 10t long wagon.

The Hood

OK, I checked a few and steel was the 0th graphic so that would get used; I'm fine with that. But we will need to ensure all long graphics have steel as the 0 graphic rather than wood. I don't think we need an additional graphic for wrought iron.

jamespetts

Quote from: The Hood on December 22, 2012, 10:37:06 AM
OK, I checked a few and steel was the 0th graphic so that would get used; I'm fine with that. But we will need to ensure all long graphics have steel as the 0 graphic rather than wood. I don't think we need an additional graphic for wrought iron.

Hmm - isn't wrought iron significantly darker than steel...?

In any event, steel isn't the 0th graphic in, for example, wagon-long-d1.dat:

obj=vehicle
name=LongD1
#?
speed=56
copyright=James
intro_year=1855
intro_month=1
retire_year=1903
retire_month=5
waytype=track
freight=Bretter
payload=8
length=3
brake_force=0
rolling_resistance=19

#?
weight=4
cost=100000
runningcost=5
sound=-1

min_loading_time=360
max_loading_time=975

Constraint[Next][0]=any

EmptyImage[E]=./images/wagon-long-d1.0.0
EmptyImage[SE]=./images/wagon-long-d1.0.1
EmptyImage[S]=./images/wagon-long-d1.0.2
EmptyImage[SW]=./images/wagon-long-d1.0.3
EmptyImage[W]=./images/wagon-long-d1.0.4
EmptyImage[NW]=./images/wagon-long-d1.0.5
EmptyImage[N]=./images/wagon-long-d1.0.6
EmptyImage[NE]=./images/wagon-long-d1.0.7

freightimagetype[1]=Stahl
FreightImage[1][E]=./images/wagon-long-d1.2.0
FreightImage[1][SE]=./images/wagon-long-d1.2.1
FreightImage[1][S]=./images/wagon-long-d1.2.2
FreightImage[1][SW]=./images/wagon-long-d1.2.3
FreightImage[1][W]=./images/wagon-long-d1.2.4
FreightImage[1][NW]=./images/wagon-long-d1.2.5
FreightImage[1][N]=./images/wagon-long-d1.2.6
FreightImage[1][NE]=./images/wagon-long-d1.2.7

freightimagetype[0]=Bretter
FreightImage[0][E]=./images/wagon-long-d1.1.0
FreightImage[0][SE]=./images/wagon-long-d1.1.1
FreightImage[0][S]=./images/wagon-long-d1.1.2
FreightImage[0][SW]=./images/wagon-long-d1.1.3
FreightImage[0][W]=./images/wagon-long-d1.1.4
FreightImage[0][NW]=./images/wagon-long-d1.1.5
FreightImage[0][N]=./images/wagon-long-d1.1.6
FreightImage[0][NE]=./images/wagon-long-d1.1.7

A similar situation prevails in wagon-long-10t.dat, wagon-ng-long-sar.dat, wagon-long-30t.dat, wagon-long-20t.dat, wagon-long-12t.dat, wagon-ng-bogie-long.dat and wagon-ng-long.dat. The canal barges and road vehicles seem to have steel as the 0th good.

I still suspect that it would be better to have separate images for wrought iron. I had wondered whether it would be possible to produce new graphics quickly using the Gimp, but it seems that it is insufficiently easy to distinguish between the load pixels and the wagon pixels in an automated way to make this work.