News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Compiling pak128

Started by HDomos, December 01, 2012, 10:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDomos

Today i tried to compile pak128 first time with the pakmak.py file (on windows) and it came with this messenge:
Python 3.3.0 (v3.3.0:bd8afb90ebf2, Sep 29 2012, 10:55:48) [MSC v.1600 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.
>>> ================================ RESTART ================================
>>>
_pakmak.tab found in "C:\Users\The Eye\Documents\GitHub\simutrans-pak128", processing...
Executing command: delete C:\Users\The Eye\Documents\GitHub\simutrans-pak128\simutrans\pak128
Executing command: copy pak128.prototype C:\Users\The Eye\Documents\GitHub\simutrans-pak128\simutrans\pak128
My folders:  factories | cityhouses | special_buildings | vehicles | citycars | landscape | base
Entering folder factories
Compiling...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\The Eye\Documents\GitHub\simutrans-pak128\pakmak.py", line 301, in <module>
    e.do()
  File "C:\Users\The Eye\Documents\GitHub\simutrans-pak128\pakmak.py", line 239, in do
    e.do()
  File "C:\Users\The Eye\Documents\GitHub\simutrans-pak128\pakmak.py", line 213, in do
    retval = run(command)
  File "C:\Users\The Eye\Documents\GitHub\simutrans-pak128\pakmak.py", line 129, in run
    return subprocess.call(parsePaths(command), close_fds=True)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\subprocess.py", line 521, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File "C:\Python33\lib\subprocess.py", line 818, in __init__
    restore_signals, start_new_session)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\subprocess.py", line 1096, in _execute_child
    raise WindowsError(*e.args)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] A rendszer nem találja a megadott fájlt
>>>

(the last is "the system doesn't find the file")
What should i do (i'm new to python) to make it work?

Edited: it doesn't generate anything...

VS

Do you have makeobj somewhere on the path? It's obvious it fails when it wants to execute it first time...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

HDomos

I have makeobj in the same folder with the pakmak.py

VS

Can you call it in command line as "makeobj" ? If no, then it does not work...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Ters

If the python script is run by double-clicking on it, the current working directoy may not be the directory the python script is in, and therefore it won't look for makeobj there. Though without having seen the script, I don't know how else it would have been able to _pakmak.tab found in "C:\Users\The Eye\Documents\GitHub\simutrans-pak128", processing....

VS

The script does chdir a lot. Makeobj is called simply as "makeobj"... The expectation (imho not unreasonable) is that like "make" would expect "g++", "ld" etc to be callable without specific paths, "makeobj" should be, too.

edit: If makeobj simply MUST not be in path for some obscure reason, you can edit the top-level _pakmak.tab and change

cmd makeobj QUIET

to

cmd C:\somehere\makeobj.exe QUIET

HDomos

Quote from: VS on December 03, 2012, 07:09:18 PM
edit: If makeobj simply MUST not be in path for some obscure reason, you can edit the top-level _pakmak.tab and change

cmd makeobj QUIET

to

cmd C:\somehere\makeobj.exe QUIET

Oh thanks

VS

Did it work? I am really interested in experience of other people...

Fabio

Well, I must report that for me it doesn't copy anything from Pak128.Prototype while the rest compile fine.

VS

Try creating folder "simutrans" manually? That might be it... I remember some weirdness related to copying the files, but that used to be ages ago.

edit:

Try r1068? Also, a possible fix might be to "mkdir ${target}" before copying in the config... (But don't commit that - it will crash other systems than yours!)

Fabio

Quote from: VS on December 04, 2012, 12:03:38 PM
Try r1068?
Still not copying :-[

Quote from: VS on December 04, 2012, 12:03:38 PM
Also, a possible fix might be to "mkdir ${target}" before copying in the config... (But don't commit that - it will crash other systems than yours!)
I might try it in future (while working on winpakmak.vbs). Now I get around it just copying those subfolders/files manually.

HDomos

Quote from: VS on December 04, 2012, 10:02:07 AM
Did it work? I am really interested in experience of other people...

Yes it worked :D

VS

Fabio, could you try with this one?

BTW, it's probably easiest to delete all but citycar FOLDERS for testing...

Fabio

I will, thank you!

By the way, for testing I keep the root pakmak.tab unsynchronized, commenting out the unwanted folders, much faster! ;)