News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Power line tunnels and underground transformers?

Started by jamespetts, December 04, 2012, 11:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

May I ask - has consideration been given to producing graphics for these? They are both features of the new stable release of Standard, and the author of the code is Pak128.Britain's own Kieron.

Since much electrical power transmission in the UK is underground, it would be worthwhile considering these, at least the power line tunnels. I don't know how common that underground transformers are in the UK.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

Small industries would usually have no visible transformer - graphics would probably be very plain for this, as they would for power line tunnels in general.

jamespetts

Perhaps only a consumer substation for industries allowed underground, in that case?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

I certainly coded this up a few weeks ago, but maybe I didn't include in SVN?

jamespetts

greenling

jamespetts
fabio work on new underground powerlines.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Yes, you could check Pak 128 svn r1077.
Tunnel object and hidden underground conduits for the underground part.

The Hood

@jamespetts, check this:

Revision 1029 2012-11-12 21:29:33
thehooduk modified 5 items in /pak128.Britain
ADD: electrification and powerline removal tools; powerline tunnel

jamespetts

Splendid! I shall add these to the Experimental version when the latest Standard commits are merged in.

The Hood

I must admit the graphics are basic (e.g. there are still pylon graphics underground) but at least the function is there.

jamespetts

Hmm - any volunteers to draw actual tunnels...?

Fabio

Quote from: jamespetts on December 06, 2012, 11:12:39 AM
Hmm - any volunteers to draw actual tunnels...?

If you guys would like to use / adapt my underground power conduits, feel free to help yourself!

You can find .png and Gimp .xcf, as well as .dat, in SVN at r1077 (Pak128, of course!).

Quote from: Fabio on December 05, 2012, 04:21:19 PM

In r1077.

The Hood

Are the pylons the same as the old ones (with a new graphic for tunnel entrance)? If so they will be easy to adapt as I just recoloured the old pak128 graphics for pak128.Britain.

Fabio

Same pylons for a while.
By the way, I also edited the power lines pylons using offsets where they were truncated for tile reasons.

Tunnel entrances might be slightly improved over the next few days, though (see the other thread).