News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Missing gear info in depot dialogue

Started by Václav, December 07, 2012, 08:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

May it be that it was intended - but I found that in new face of depot dialogue is missing gear info. If it was intended, then why?

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

TurfIt

Gear's right where it's always been. If you mean in the new convoi summary section at the top, then it didn't fit (well it did in English, but certain other languages seem to lack compactness). Although I'd rather rip it completely out of the game...

Václav

May it be that czech language is one of those languages where it is not visible.
But I don't think so that gear is something that would not be useful (simply: in my mind it is useful).

Still, it would be done for divorcing locomotives into group of freight ones and fast train ones. Freight ones often have more power - but they go a bit slower and accelarate slowly. Fast train ones often have lesser power - but they go faster and accelarate very fast.

And if two trains have the same power but different max speed and different acceleration, than it is based on gear.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

How would you display gear when there are engines with different gear. One can only show the effective power.

TurfIt

I think one of the WIP patches I posted for the depot overhaul had the gear shown. I have the code for this already as I removed it. You can calculate the convois effective gear from the effective power / displayed power.  I'd also thought of just showing the effective power in the convoi section, but decided against it for consistencies sake.