News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

"The Operation Completed Successfully [] "

Started by AP, December 11, 2012, 07:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Here's an odd one. When I try to connect to the server game in the current way (load game "net:bridgewater-brunel.me.uk") - sometimes (and tonight, all the time) it fails to load, and pops up with a "Message" box, with the red triangle exclamation mark graphic, and "The operation completed successfully [] " (where the [] is actually a rectangular symbol i presume in lieu of something the font can't display).

Obviously, the operation did not in fact complete successfully, since behind the message is the demo.sve game.

No idea what's going on, or what it think *did* complete successfully, but it's a bit odd, no?

jamespetts

Hmm, it's an odd error message, I know. The code relating to this has not been changed from Standard, so I don't know quite why it is so structured. I know that the code for joining servers is different in the newer versions of Standard, and also in the 112.x merge branch on which Bernd has been working recently. I am hoping that that branch will have a more useful error message.

The (incorrect) message appears when the server is busy (for example, if somebody else is in the process of joining) when you try to join. I have just got into the network game, so this is not appearing now. Are you now able to get in, too?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

This is a wiondows messgae, when the IP does not answer. Windows indicate and error state and when asking dfor the error message it returns this. Very stupid, but nothing I can do about.

jamespetts

Hmm. Windows bug, not Simutrans bug. Perhaps we could have a workaround that checks for this specific message and replaces it with something useful instead...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

The message come in your national language. One could check for the error code though.

ӔO

This happens when the server is still in the process of someone else joining, when your client tries to join as well.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

prissi

Just now no server does this to reproduce it ;)