News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Hiding of stations, extension buildings, etc...

Started by Václav, December 15, 2012, 10:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I think that sometimes it would be good to hide electrification. Sometimes electrifications have various shape (not only third rail or overhead wires) and for it signals are not well visible. And this extension (hiding of electrification) would may help.

And also it would be good if also extension buildings would be hided - like factories and city buildings. I saw that for some time this was done - when smart hiding was added - but after some time it was removed.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Ters

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on December 15, 2012, 10:41:28 AM
And also it would be good if also extension buildings would be hided - like factories and city buildings. I saw that for some time this was done - when smart hiding was added - but after some time it was removed.

I too miss that ability.

prissi

If stations are hidden too, there size of a station may be hard to guess. But it can be easily added.

Ters

Usually when I want to hide stations, their size, or even their existence, is of no concern to me. In most of the remaining cases, I remember where it is for that brief time.

Václav

Quote from: prissi on December 15, 2012, 08:07:22 PM
If stations are hidden too, there size of a station may be hard to guess.
Nothing against, but as I saw great many screenshots of Simutrans, most stations are being surrounded by roads (like to real world*) - and in this way their size is visible - because on one side of extension building is road - and on other side are platforms.

* - I don't know any Czech station that is not built in way that it has not road on one side - and platforms on other side - including Prague Masaryk's station where platforms are fully surrounded by station - but on other side is - road.

And of course, this idea is targeted to reconstruction of platforms and tracks when extension building is too high that tracks and platforms are not visible.

But it can be easily added.
Thanks. But what image to use for these buildings when they would be hidden?
It will have to be created. May it be that for the first times may be used city buildings images - but it is clear that it is not the best way.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Fabio

Stations should have a distinct construction image (maybe based on the bare platform without any roof etc... This would help when hidden.
For transparent hiding, they could be player color instead of black, making them distinctive as well.

ӔO

sometimes I want to peek under the roof of some station platforms.

hiding the top image would satisfy this, as well as many other images that may hide objects underneath.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

dekema2

Editing my map would be a lot easier if there were transparent stations  ;)

IgorEliezer

Umm what?  :o

You mean, you'd like to hide/show stations, as you can do with city buildings and trees?

dekema2

Quote from: IgorEliezer on December 26, 2012, 02:33:50 AM
Umm what?  :o

You mean, you'd like to hide/show stations, as you can do with city buildings and trees?

Exactly, but an option to hide stations as well.

Ters

It's discussed here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11090.0
(The discussions have been merged.)

dekema2

I didn't even notice there was another thread about this! Thanks.