News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Release of pak128.Britain 1.13

Started by The Hood, December 21, 2012, 08:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

Time for the traditional pre-Christmas release of pak128.Britain! 1.13 contains the following updates and additions:
- lots of new ships
- ironworks (wlindley)
- gasworks (jamespetts)
- new 4-wheel carriage graphics (jamespetts)
- SIMUTRANS FRIED CHICKEN!!! (Sarlock)
- numerous bugfixes

Get it here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/pak128.britain/pak128.Britain%20for%20112-0/pak128.Britain.1.13-112-0.zip/download

Merry Christmas and happy playing!

jamespetts

Splendid! Glad to see the gasworks in there, too. Apologies that I didn't have a chance to improve the graphics before release. The fried chicken is of interest, too!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

The paksetupdater would recognize updates of pak128britain easier, if the folder name is not changed. (In case of updates, old version would be retained under pak128.britain.old)

The Hood

Wasn't aware of that - sorry if it's causing problems. Can I just check what you mean for future releases - the folder inside the .zip should be just "pak128.Britain" each time? Or are you talking about the folder structure on sourceforge?

prissi

No, the folder inside the zip should be pak128.britain (or whatever, as long as it does not change with each release). The version number then goes into the copyright of ground.outside.pak, as now. Then the installer checks for the right version strong, and if there is a mismatch, it will
delete pak128.britain.old (if there)
move pak128.britain to pak128.britain.old
download and installer a new pak128.britain
every time the installer is run without selection pak128.britain again. So each time you ran the installer, you would have the current pak128.britain release.

The Hood

I will make sure i do this in future. Is it worth reuploading existing versions with pak128.Britain instead of pak128.Britain.1xx?

sdog

congratulations on the release!

technical: posting an image of a ship from the other thread, for g+ to use it to illustrate the link to this thread. (The ship model was created by kierongreen)

The Hood

Thanks Sdog - small point I know but those ships by kierongreen came after the release; they will of course be in 1.14 whenever that happens!

sdog

oh, I wasn't aware of that. I shall add a note to the posting.