News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Is it possible to attach something to the vehicle?

Started by ASV62, January 01, 2009, 02:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASV62

For example, I drawn a plain Volvo Olympian body but I want to put different livery / advertisment / banner on it. However I don't want to derive so many variations to suit my target, I want to get those items attached to the body as I want, I've thought to do that by articulation. BUT the graphics at turnings became a problem. How can it be more accurately performed? I'm confused about that  :-\ 

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

jamespetts

There is a specific way of altering the livery without redrawing the vehicle for every livery: if one uses the "player colour" special reserved colours in the .png file, those colours will appear in game as the same colours as the player's chosen transport company colours, which the player can then change at runtime.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

VS

As said ^ you can change colours.

If you want completely different look like, say, Coca-Cola ads vs. McDonalds, sorry.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ASV62

Quote from: VS on January 01, 2009, 07:12:38 PM
As said ^ you can change colours.

If you want completely different look like, say, Coca-Cola ads vs. McDonalds, sorry.
I want to use some of my production as an example. (as attached)
Initially it's a plain body, for me I would say this is a prototype, then I can choose any 1 set as its colour. Variation 1 & 2 is made.
if a add the adv. after that , variation 3 & 4 will be produced.
This function I think not only affects the appearance, It can also affect it's physical properties.

NameCostΔCostPowerΔPowerSpeedΔSpeedCapacity
Prototype$40000(Basic)246kW(Basic)82km/h(Basic)0
Type 1 (+ Paintjob 1)$44000(+$4000)246kW(+0 kW)86km/h(+4 km/h)124
Type 3 (+ Paintjob 1 + adv.)$46000(+$2000)246kW(+0 kW)86km/h(+0 km/h)124
Type 2 (+ Paintjob 2)$47500(+$7500)246kW(+0 kW)92km/h(+10 km/h)124
Type 4 (+ Paintjob 2 + adv.)$49500(+$2000)246kW(+0 kW)92km/h(+0 km/h)124

If the program allocate the car in a address, I think more data about it's additions can be stored and making a new data for showing a combined matter under decent combinations.  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

jamespetts

One question - why would the livery affect the speed? I don't think that people mean it literally when they talk of "go-faster stripes"...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ASV62

Quote from: jamespetts on January 03, 2009, 12:15:13 PM
One question - why would the livery affect the speed? I don't think that people mean it literally when they talk of "go-faster stripes"...
Actually, In Hong Kong the different companies did different tunings on their buses, THOUGH they purchase the same kind. In my example, The one painted in Yellow is Citybus which uese E500 as Cross-Border buses. They run in faster highways and usually have a higher speed.
The another one is First Bus which service in the city, the distance between stops are short. They are usually slower but accelerate faster, that's why I suggest those  "Stripe-Effects" :P
More factors should be made to enlarge the advantages of each variation ;D
Actually, if this function can be put into the game, I've got plans to further productions for this approach!

Combuijs

This can be done by defining more bus-vehicles in your own addition to a pak. I don't see the need for a seperate function for this.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs