News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Difference between paks

Started by (RP)Kuruya, December 30, 2012, 12:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(RP)Kuruya

Hi everyone! :D

I just want to know why it seems that different paks has different ways of giving profit. In pak128.Britain it's very easy to setup a transportation system that can produce a good profit but setting up an industrial line would mean smaller profit compared to transpo; while in pak & pak128 it's very hard to setup a transpo system that produces enough cash while if you supply industries you can have a good profit.

Ters

Because every Simutrans player has his/her own perferences as to how the game should be, and I assume pak developers set things up to suit their style of play. Even the same pak will behave differently when players apply personal setting and various add-ons.

If all paks were the same, we wouldn't need different paks. (We even have different versions of the game itself, modified to suit different wishes for how the game should be.)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I always play with -freeplay on -- for me, the joy comes in "serving" all the needs, with no care for profit. That and using Simutrans more like SimCity. :)

(RP)Kuruya

I used to always play freeplay back then but I didn't feel happy because of the lack of thrill. I always start with inter-city bus/train lines and end up earning less because I use trams in cities.

greenling

(RP)Kuruya
I have more as 8 Pakset for my Simutrans.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!