News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Swapped buttons "sell/retire" and "remove" in convoi dialogue.

Started by jk271, December 31, 2012, 02:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jk271

There are swapped button text in convoi details.

Button 1 has text "Verkauf" and tooltip "Remove vehicle from map. Use with care".

Button 2 has text "withdraw" and tooltip "Coinvoi is sold when all wagons are empty"

Buttons does not do, what is written on it and it is misleading for users and translators.
Tooltip is OK as functionality corresponds to tooltip. But the texts on the buttons are bad.

Some translations (At least english translation) have workaround on it.

prissi

The button does exactly do what they are intended to do, as you can see from the tooptips. Verkaufen is immediate sell (or removal with refund), and ausmustern is withdrawal. In what way is this wrong?

The text for translations must be never derived from the text of the buttons. That is the source of many bad translations. Also many things have more than one meaning. Thus the right meaning is best taken from its function in the game. As such a "raw translation string" is never right or wrong (there are even strings la 1WORLD_CHOOSE for texts in the game.)

jk271

I was making tranlation when I was made confused by outdated English translation having "sell" button on the left button. Thank you for response. It was mine mistake.