News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Compiling pak128

Started by T0m4S, January 30, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T0m4S

Well, I want to compile pak128 (I know that there're the nightlies but anyway I want to do it myself) but I'm getting the following error with linux 64 (gentoo), using pakmak.py:

./pakmak.py
_pakmak.tab found in "/home/tomasfg/pak128", processing...
Executing command: delete /home/tomasfg/pak128/simutrans/pak128
Executing command: copy pak128.prototype /home/tomasfg/pak128/simutrans/pak128
My folders:  factories | cityhouses | special_buildings | vehicles | citycars | landscape | base
Entering folder factories
Compiling...
makeobj[0]: Entering directory `/home/tomasfg/pak128'
make: *** No rule to make target `QUIET'.  Stop.
makeobj[0]: Leaving directory `/home/tomasfg/pak128'
Compiled.
Makeobj call returned 2

But I don't know which is the problem...

PS: By the way, pakmak.py is saved using windows coding for endline (^M), so I had to convert it to unix coding:
/pakmak.py
bash: ./pakmak.py : /usr/bin/python^M : mauvais interpréteur: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

T0m4S

I found the problem:

On _pakmak.tab line 17 shlod be:

cmd makeobj quiet[code]

It looks like quiet is case sensitive!

T0m4S

Now I got another problem:

===> ground.Outside.pak
Makeobj version 55.1 for Simutrans 112.1.1 Nightly and higher
Makeobj version 55.1 for Simutrans 112.1.1 Nightly and higher
mv: impossible d'évaluer « ground.Outside.pak »: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
make: *** [base/grounds] Erreur 1

The error in English would be something like: mv: impossible to evaluate « ground.Outside.pak »: No file or folder found

I don't know how to solve it... any ideas?

VS

I wrote a lot of text and what you should check, but then it dawned on me.

Your "makeobj" is not the Simutrans one! Please resolve that, and eventually modify _pakmak.tab so that it gets called. That is the whole magic (now).

As to encoding - did you download sources from svn? I thought default property was svn:line-ending=auto (or whatever it is called), making it native as you check out. Otherwise the sources (last for previous release!) were indeed packed on windows, so the files will get windows line ends.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

T0m4S

You're right. I didn't realise the wrong makeobj was bieng called. Now it works like a charm! Thanks!