News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

r1036: Firestation blinking with winter image

Started by whoami, December 10, 2012, 06:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

This is with ST r6162 Win-SDL and pak128.open.r1036, upon reloading a savegame that originates from ST r6131 and Pak128 2.1.0: all instances of the "Firestation" (tourist attraction, 30/30, any orientation) continuously interchange their normal image with the winter image - yet it is summer in game year 1978.

greenling

whoami
it possible to make a Photo from those bug?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

whoami

That would require an animated GIF or a video.
I assume that my description (updated) is detailed enough.

Fabio

It was fixed in r1037.  Could you please try a recent version?

Zeno

I did and works fine with r6000. Just saw your upload fixing it in svn logs.
Thanks to both :)

Edit: the problem was the DAT file had enabled the animation bit instead of the winter one, in case you are curious about it :P

Sarlock

What a team!
I was just in the process of testing this too... I'll go back to my day job now :)

EDIT: Was able to duplicate the error, the blinking was very fun to watch.  Thanks for fixing this, Fabio.  Maybe post the .PAK file fix until the next nightly is built?

2nd EDIT: I see the available nightly is just 1036, the most recent one doesn't work.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

whoami

Quote from: Fabio on December 10, 2012, 06:52:02 PM
It was fixed in r1037.  Could you please try a recent version?
Oh sorry, I used the most current nightly build, which is from Nov. 20th. It seems that Pak128 builds are not updated.

sdog

with so many new additions to the pak right now, it'd be good to have a recent nightly avaiable. As soon as i'm home i'll build one and put it online. For the time being i could do some semi-manual nightlies on a daily basis.

I'll check whether i can automatically upload binaries to github's download page, if yes we can have a thought of a development nightly.

whoami

I have written an Email to Wernieman about the stalled Pak128 nightly. (A new version might be uploaded this night even without intervention.)

greenling

whoami
I think that we more talking over pakfile development and there adjust on new technic.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

sdog

I've built revision 1092 and uploaded it to the pak128 git repository download page.

https://github.com/downloads/pak128svn/simutrans-pak128/pak128-r1092.7z

(haven't found an easy way to upload it automatically, having to click around i'm not very likely to do this very often. Especially as i have to do it locally, and not through ssh from my office computer with _fast_ upload.)

Sarlock

Thanks for building that, sdog, very appreciated :)

greenling

mEGa

Quote from: Zeno on December 10, 2012, 06:54:03 PM
Edit: the problem was the DAT file had enabled the animation bit instead of the winter one, in case you are curious about it :P
I mean I made a mistake when I revisited this attractive addon. My apologizes ! Next time I shall pay more attention.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Sarlock

;D
You just liked the snow view so much you wanted to watch it every second animation frame :)

whoami

Quote from: sdog on December 11, 2012, 03:14:46 AM
I've built revision 1092 and uploaded it to the pak128 git repository download page.
Thanks, I am using it already. Downside: after upgrading, I cannot reload with / return to V2.1.0 - ST crashes on trying that.

Dwachs

Quote from: whoami on December 11, 2012, 07:08:41 PM
Thanks, I am using it already. Downside: after upgrading, I cannot reload with / return to V2.1.0 - ST crashes on trying that.
Can you file a bug report on this issue (needs savegame uploading I guess). How does it crash? Is there a 'fatal error' message?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

The Transporter

At SourceForge Repository the old, faulty dat is available. Same on the GitHub Repository.