News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Can't modify existing text after placing a sign on the ground

Started by emaxectranspoorte, January 02, 2009, 10:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emaxectranspoorte

When I place a sign and put text in it, for example: "Text is shown here", it creates the sign with the text inside it. But when I try to modify it by clicking on it it just shows me the Ding simutrans message and won't allw me to change the text inside it. :o ::) I've got nothing against the Ding message (it's quite :D for realism purposes), but how do I modify text inside an allready created sign (with text in it)?

:-\ :-\

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: VS on January 02, 2009, 02:02:08 PM
Use the marker tool again.

I guess that's the only solution, right?  :o :-\

I thought there would be an easier solution.  :) ::) 8)

VS

How is it harder?

It does not cost anything when the sign is already there.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

KrazyJay

Quote from: VS on January 02, 2009, 02:12:31 PM
How is it harder?

It does not cost anything when the sign is already there.
Probably emaxectranspoorte thinks using that tool again actually puts another sign right in front of the previous one to mask/correct it instead of editing the current one.

In most other games, Sim City for exaple, you put a sign down to mark a spot, and click it again to edit it. Using the marker tool only adds another mark. Simutrans is different.
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

VS

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: KrazyJay on January 02, 2009, 02:22:43 PM
Probably emaxectranspoorte thinks using that tool again actually puts another sign right in front of the previous one to mask/correct it instead of editing the current one.

In most other games, Sim City for exaple, you put a sign down to mark a spot, and click it again to edit it. Using the marker tool only adds another mark. Simutrans is different.

Thanks, KrazyJay. You got it right. :) Only one thing though, so in newer Simutrans versions, you always have to redo the sign? :-\

What about if you placed the sign on something that makes you loads of money (some factory), for example?  :-\

Simutrans is different you say... :o :) well... ::) guess what ... I could edit it again in version 88.10.5 stable pak128.

:-\

EDIT: I guess this is it... problem solved...  ::) :)