News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Question about river generation

Started by jamespetts, January 07, 2013, 01:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I am interested in making some subtle changes to the river generation in a pakset by altering the simuconf.tab settings for rivers. Particularly, I should like there to be fewer of the largest sort of rivers and more of the second largest sort of rivers. In PAk128.Britain, the pakset in which I am trying this, there are currently four rivers defined: stream, small river, river and wide river. To do this, I simply added an extra river type line to the river settings in simuconf.tab, and specified "river" (the second largest type) twice. However, when I did this, none of the "wide rivers" were produced, even when several "rivers" merged a few times over. The code suggests that there can be more than four types of rivers. Do I need to define an actual fifth type of river, albeit with the same graphics and characteristics as the existing "river", or is there some other workaround needed here?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Maybe the probability of merging five rivers was too small? Or you definition had an error in it. It should allow for up to 10 river types.

However, did you used a different pak? Otherwise the merging logic will produce always a river, when merging two rivers, as it cannot know that the river was already created already by merging with a river. (The merging goes by pak besch).

jamespetts

Ahh, I see - no, I used the same pak. So I do need to define multiple identical river types in the pak to do this? Thank you for your help - this is useful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.