News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Problem way point and semaphore

Started by uhennig, January 10, 2013, 06:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uhennig

I have defined a way point within a blocked area. The train doesn't stop at semaphore. So two trains are in the same sector. It is possible to see overlapping trains.
See picture:

Newest Version 112.1 with news 128 pack.

Ters

I can count 16 wagons, but as can be seen with the left-most wagons in the lowest picture, the wagon graphics is out of alignment. It is more outside of the tile it's supposed to be on than inside it. I suspect this is an error in the pak, as I've seen such before.

greenling

That what uhennig here post that it a bug.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

TurfIt

For the waypoint issue see: Waypoints act no longer as signals. I intend to return to fixing one day - airplanes were giving me a great headache... so onto backburner it went.

The overlapping is indeed due to the graphics alignment, but probably by choice - either you get ugly jumps when cornering, or put up with possible overlap at times. Another fix waiting the ambition to return to...

Ters

Quote from: greenling on January 10, 2013, 07:15:10 PM
That what uhennig here post that it a bug.

That two wagons overlap visually, yes, but it's in the graphics. They don't overlap technically. That a train can pass a signal up to the next waypoint as long as the route is clear (technically) is a (well known) feature, not a bug. A feature that might be replaced by another feature, but not a bug. It is useful at times, so when the change TurfIt writes about was discussed, there were cases were the old behaviour would/should still linger (trains changing direction I think).

Junna

Quote from: Ters on January 10, 2013, 08:28:05 PM
there were cases were the old behaviour would/should still linger (trains changing direction I think).

That's a huge pain in the rear when you set up a switch-back. Causes jams all the time if you do.