News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

windows 8

Started by asaphxiix, January 14, 2013, 01:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

has anyone tried to run simutrans or simutrans experimental on windows 8? Should I expect any problems?

jamespetts

I seem to recall that somebody had and had not had difficulties, although I cannot recall the details now. From what I understand, Standard works in Windows 8, and the OS specific parts of the code are the same in Standard as Experimental.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

asaphxiix

very well. i suppose i'll just have to use linux if it doesn't run well.

ӔO

I ran experimental, with the 80mb save from the server, off of an SD card just fine on win8 laptops at stores.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Haven't played Simutrans since installing Windows 8 yet, will report when I do. Can't imagine it wouldn't work fine, though...

Hustermouse

Hi, I have been running various releases of simutrans, including 112.1-r621 on Windows 8.  I ran it as Administrator and/or with Compatibility set to Win 7, yet the outcome is the same: it crashes  if I try to either load or save a game.
The error is: FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t::int_version() - Really broken version string! Aborting program execution ...
Any ideas?

Regards Andreas

greenling

Hello Hustermouse
Your bug, they you here be post, cam through the repeatedly installion from simutrans on your computer.
Then you want install more than one Simutrans, then must you use the entry: singleuser_install = 1 in all simuconf.tab.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!