News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Cable car / funicular

Started by Vladki, January 14, 2013, 11:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hello all,

I have made a proof-of-concept for cable cars (funicular, or whatever is the right word for it). It is coded as trolleybus with low capacity, low speed and high power, so it accelerates to full speed almost immediately and also climbs the hills at full speed. Just like a real funicular. There are two vehicles one for passengers and one for bulk cargo. To avoid getting stuck in street traffic an elevated road, which looks like extended catenary poles, is provided. Screen shot is here:

I know the graphics is 2D and suitable more for pak.comic, but it is just an experiment.

However, I'd like to know if it is possible to have a new waytype for this sort of vehicles. We have 5 one-directional waytypes (rail, tram, narrowgauge, schwebebahn and maglev, but only one bi-direcional - road. Something like bi-direcional schwebebahn would be nice to have. Or would it be possible to modify current schwebebahn to be bi-directional as it is in reality in Wuppertal?

Another question is if it is possible to somehow force all vehicles on the track to move simultaneously, as on real funicular, and to squeeze more vehicles on one tile? Or would that need a big change in the simutrans core?

Sources are here: https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/pak128/lanovka.unpacked/

Edit: added the pak for download.

greenling

Vladki
The Cable car it a very nice and cool idea. 8)
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!