News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Changing factory parameters

Started by cy087, January 19, 2013, 12:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cy087

I have recently been developing a Linux "pakhelper" type of thing to let me tweak factory dat files.  This arose because I wanted to extend some of the supply chains in pak128, for example the diary and the bakery as suppliers to a supermarket.

?  It appears that saved games use the "saved" version of an existent factory and don't take into account any changes in the pak file.  Is this true?  As an example, I have changed the diary dat file to become a supermarket supplier with commodity type "food". When I restart the saved game the existing diary is still an end-point consumer, but if I add a new diary or replace the old one (and recreate the entire chain) then the supermarket is available as a consumer.

Any comments would be appreciated.
CY

greenling

Hello cy087
The Writing from new good combination in datfiles it a Little bit difficult.
And the creating an new goods in simutranspaksets that it very heavy. :-[
(I self working on a owne Pakset.and i have some little Problem.)
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Ters

Chains don't automatically extend when the dat's are changed. It's not a situation the game is prepared for, and shouldn't really need to. But I would expect the game to consider the dairy as a possible supplier if it at some later point creates a supermarket. I don't know, though.

greenling

Hello ters
The Dairy it moment the end of the Milkfactory chain.The supermarket accept in moment no food out milk.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: greenling on January 19, 2013, 01:09:51 PM
Hello ters
The Dairy it moment the end of the Milkfactory chain.The supermarket accept in moment no food out milk.

That is exactly what cy087 is trying to change. And that is what this whole thread is about. Do you ever read what people write and try to understand first, before you start writing?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Vladki

Hello,

I noticed the same behavior as cy087. Once the industries are in place they cannot be changed.
Anyway, if you are interested try this: https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/pak128/samoska.pak
It is a pak of modified dairy and bakery, with new goods - bread and dairy products, and final consumer - small shop.