News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Station's extensions in ground (but not underground)

Started by gauthier, January 19, 2013, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mEGa

Well,
I tried to apply Wlindley's interesting method.
So, success issue with offset (0,32) and image is correctly placed.

On the other hand, this trick does not apply to the plain elevated tile but only in elevated ways.
Finally, the Fabio's last ones (very large) cover a part of the face but not very ugly. What do you think about it?

EDIT :
last design groups all situations. See this example :

You can notice 2 aspects in game :
with latest elevated ways of last pak128 (112) designe by Fabio and with old japan elevated ways.

You can try this stations with :
- pakset :  http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:metro:elevated_station_1x1.pak
- sources : http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:metro:elevated_station_1x1_src.zip
Feedbacks are welcome of course ;-)

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Fabio

Beautiful! :thumbsup:

Can I only suggest you to use my brick texture for consistency?

I'll see if I can upload it here.

Ters

Of course, there is still the problem that the space under the bridge isn't occupied. You'd have to make sure that no one builds a round through there (which isn't a problem normally) or that the city doesn't build a skyscraper there (which is a problem with plain bridges as well).

greenling

Mega it possible to make the simple walls with murals,the opened doors to issues, the little chops as Station extations?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

mEGa

Thanks for your nice feedbacks.
Quote from: Fabio on February 03, 2013, 05:54:36 PM
Can I only suggest you to use my brick texture for consistency?
Of course... And why not. I deicded to make two models :
this presented for french addons (to keep Parisian aspect)
and a,other for pak128 : so your textures is welcome .
I wait your "bip" when you're upload them.

Quote from: greenling on February 03, 2013, 08:02:50 PM
Mega it possible to make the simple walls with murals,the opened doors to issues, the little chops as Station extations?
I understand what you wanted to say. But I'm not sure is a good idea to also offer these extensions, because I'm afraid people mix them. What another guys think about it ?

gauthier

Mega, all this is very nice but it is going completely off topic ...

VS

Quote from: mEGa on February 03, 2013, 02:35:19 PM
Feedbacks are welcome of course ;-)
First of all... Is that a dog or a cow on the poster? ;D

On the narrow way with iron pillars, empty space looks weird :) I would add the wall on "tracked" side, I guess it is enough in BackImage.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ӔO

Quote from: wlindley on January 31, 2013, 02:49:50 PM
You can easily create an elevated station that descends "below" its ground, using the x,y offset parameter for FrontImage, like this:

FrontImage[1][0][0][0][0][0]=elevated-station-with-lower-extension.0.0,0,32

Use Y offset = pakset_size/4, for example 32 with pak128. Note that if you build such a station on the ground, it will look very strange!

That gives me an idea...

How about (yet another) image extension? Call it a "skirt" or something. If the station is placed on an elevated way or bridge, the skirt can fill in a skirt image underneath. It should be possible to delete the skirt too, like bridge pillars.

Then the player can place any station extension underneath, the skirt will hide the image and would not have an aesthetic conflict. If the station extension is placed beside, it would look as it normally would.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Bear789

I like that station; I think that you could add another wall on the corner to cover the hole that you can see in the japanese elevated.
There are a couple of problems, though: first that's eye candy, not functional. Extensions are ment to add capacity or enable good types in a certain station, and you can't do that with altered platform graphics.
Second, even some parisian elevated stations have empty space under them (or at least under most of them). I definetly remember M6 with parking space under the stations, I'm not sure about M2. It's been a while since I was in Paris.

prissi

gauthier

QuoteSHould I move this to the 128 board?

Please no, this is still an extension request which Mega turned off topic with his metro stations :p

wlindley

Enclosed screenshot shows an underground station with sliced view. 

Could the original request be satisfied by permitting underground extension buildings to override the standard retaining-wall? 

See also this discussion

mEGa

Quote from: wlindley on February 06, 2013, 05:45:16 PM
Could the original request be satisfied by permitting underground extension buildings to override the standard retaining-wall? 
I mean it'will be a good idea.

greenling

Hello Mega
In the photo it a Bug.A wall over a road let Crash cars.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

mEGa

Quote from: greenling on February 07, 2013, 04:46:46 PM
In the photo it a Bug.A wall over a road let Crash cars.
Oh yes, you're right. It was just an example to illustrate possible combinations of this station ;-)

gauthier

Is it possible for a moderator to move Mega's stations in a more appropriate part of the forum ?