News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Horse drawn bus - no horse wants to pull

Started by AP, January 17, 2009, 03:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Hi

Using simutrans 101.0 and pak-german (for the first time) 101  - current latest versions both.

I can't seem to get the horse-drawn buses to work. I have the choice of 5 variations on equine motive power, but none of them seem to match up to some of the vehicles available for them to pull. Have tried various game years 1876-1920.

Clearly buses are critical to getting a passenger network to work; am I missing something or is there a bug?

AP

Okay, I've tried that patch. There's a glitch with it I think, though. There are two teams of horses that claim a top speed of 18km/h and three at 8km/h. The fast ones obviously are best for passenger /mail traffic.

The thing is, the team of 4 horses goes at 18km/h, but refuses to pick up passengers. I set up an entire network before realising that the 4-horse-plus-stagecoach setup seems to be broken.

If you use the 2-horse 18km/h -plus stagecoach, that works. It just doesn't go above 2km/h on the flat.  ???

Something's not quite right there!

Frank

http://www.simutrans-forum.de/forum/thread.php?postid=43127#post43127

Quote from: AP on January 18, 2009, 10:25:32 PM
The thing is, the team of 4 horses goes at 18km/h, but refuses to pick up passengers. I set up an entire network before realising that the 4-horse-plus-stagecoach setup seems to be broken.

2 stations fields

AP

Quote2 stations fields
Huh? I'm afraid I must confess to not speaking German, so the link was not quite as insightful as it might have been. Can I ask you to elaborate?

EDIT - in case you mean "horse drawn coaches can only serve routes with 2 stations on them" I tried that. Doesn't work.

Frank

Quote from: AP on January 18, 2009, 11:42:22 PM
Huh? I'm afraid I must confess to not speaking German, so the link was not quite as insightful as it might have been. Can I ask you to elaborate? ...

download the pak files from linked post