News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Simutrans portal has got a new look - www.simutrans.com

Started by IgorEliezer, January 29, 2013, 04:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Behold! Simutrans portal has got a new look!

Taking advantage of Simutrans being spotlighted on the SourceForce as Project of the Month (topic), we are proud to announce the public release of The New Simutrans Portal!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

(click to go there and see by yourself)

(fireworks just because it's mandatory)
The new site features:

• A fresh and new look: new layout, new colors, menus, reorganized content.
  • Integration with blog and this forum: the most recent posts are now shown on the front page.
  • New download system and pakset gallery (almost finished)
  • Pages completely translatable (work in progress - English only at the moment).
  • Site written on PHP for the winners!
  • And other nice features worth seeing....
This is the 1st public appearance of the new site which was made by our fellow member An_dz.

The site has been worked on behind the scenes for a couple of months and is still being worked on by our friend. We know there are some few glitches which will be fixed soon. We kind of "brought forward" the release in order to make it for the SourceForge's Project of the Month.

The address you already know: www.simutrans.com and alternatively www.simutrans.org.

Comments about the new site is most welcome. 8)

Dwachs

Very nice new front page!!!

Typo: On 'about page': writters -> writers

There is also a new pak128.German available: version 0.5 is on sourceforge.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

Splendid! Might I suggest that you change "Destination" to "Destinations" in the "Cargo have Destination" title on this page?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Markohs

When you download->check the graphics packages you get redirected to http://www.simutrans.com/en/pakset/ that doesn't exist.

On the "links" section, I'd make the links be a actual link too, not just the title.

talifero

Very nice . Very comfortable.  ;)
But new download pakset system don't working, in small window with information about pakset, button 'Dowload Now' do nothing .
Firefox 18.0.1 Ubuntu 12.04

An_dz

Fixes are being made.

Info for Pakset Maintainers
If you want to change your image on paksets page you need to provide a 280x200 file.

Buckermann

jccooper

Quote from: Markohs on January 29, 2013, 11:47:11 AM
When you download->check the graphics packages you get redirected to http://www.simutrans.com/en/pakset/ that doesn't exist.

On the "links" section, I'd make the links be a actual link too, not just the title.

Seen this myself from http://www.simutrans.com/en/download

I think it should be going to http://www.simutrans.com/en/paksets/ instead (note the final 's')

Sybill

Thank you for the nice description of pak64.scifi. I hope I can offer a new release in the next days.

michelstadt

Yes, I really like it. Keep up the good work.  :)

I am afraid there is a lot of work to do to keep things up to date. So the latest version is 112.1. And PAK128.german has recently been released in version 0.5.

As for the image of PAK128.german I may send you a more actual view.

An_dz

Lot of fixes were applied. Thanks for your reports.

Quote from: michelstadt on January 29, 2013, 09:19:37 PM
I am afraid there is a lot of work to do to keep things up to date. So the latest version is 112.1. And PAK128.german has recently been released in version 0.5.
It's not difficult to keep updated, but we were on a rush to make the site available and most was just pushed from the testing server.

Quote from: michelstadt on January 29, 2013, 09:19:37 PM
As for the image of PAK128.german I may send you a more actual view.
Please do so. I've posted the needed size here

Markohs

I already said but I'll explain me better. :)

On the "links" page, it's very strange seeing URL's you CAN'T click on, the actual <a href is the title. I'd make the URL a link too.

yoshi

The paksets page doesn't work well with IE 8 (works fine with Chrome and mobile Safari).
Is this glitch caused by the web site or should I change or update the web browser?

I think there are still people who are on Windows XP, hence, still using IE 8.

An_dz

The support for IE8 is being made, I couldn't finish it in time.

The site was tested to fully work with:
Opera 11.60 (have a bug in paksets page but works)
Opera 12.12
Firefox 10
Chrome 18
IE9 & 10
Safari 5.1.4

IE7 and early are not supported and will ask user to upgrade.
Firefox 3.0 will be tested and will probably have support too. It works, but won't have support.
Any browser with versions below these are not supported, but may work.

wlindley

Egads, didn't we leave the "browser wars" behind in 1996?  What do you mean, support for IE 6, IE 7, and so on... are you not using standard HTML? (( confused ))

An_dz

It means that it's broken on them I'm not making the site to work on IE6 or IE7.
By support I mean that if anyone with versions below these tested comes saying it's not working I'm not going to change a thing.

I'm using standard HTML, all HTML and CSS was validated by W3C. IE6 and IE7 don't follow all W3C standards.
New standards are available to make good sites, and we should use them. IE6 is an extreme old browsers, even Microsoft dropped support on IE6, and IE7 is an IE6 with tabs.
I've chosen old browsers that people are still using today, like Firefox 3.6.

IE7 and early users will see a notice telling them to update their versions.

michelstadt

Quote from: An_dz on January 29, 2013, 10:45:46 PM
I've posted the needed size here
Oh sorry; I must have been blind.

The adjustments were quickly done - very good and thanks a lot.

Yona-TYT

hello all I offer this site for become the Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/Simutrans.BLOG?

I've been working hard on this ;)

Ters

Quote from: wlindley on January 30, 2013, 05:31:59 PM
Egads, didn't we leave the "browser wars" behind in 1996?

I thought that was when the browser war started. That's just about when I started learning HTML, but it just became more and more difficult as compatibility problems grew.

hreintke

There is a typo on the download page : It says "should open on" instead of "should open in"

See attached picture

Yona-TYT

An_dz

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Facebook on February 01, 2013, 01:21:07 AM
I have two Facebook Pages for the same thing. Can I merge them?

Yes, you can merge duplicate Pages as long as they represent the same thing and have similar names. You can only merge the Page with fewer likes into the one with more likes. To do so:
Go to the Page with more likes. This will be the one you'll keep.
From the top of your Page, click Edit Page
Select Update Info
From the left sidebar, select Resources.
Click the Merge duplicate Pages link. This link will only appear if you manage two Pages with similar names.
A dialogue will show Pages you manage that qualify to be merged. Select the Page(s) you wish to merge. If you're merging Pages with a location, they must have the same address information.
Merging Pages combines all your likes and check-ins, but all other content from the Page with fewer likes, such as wall posts, photos and its username, will be permanently deleted. Content on the Page with more likes will remain unchanged, except for the addition of likes and check-ins added from the Page with fewer likes.

The Page with fewer likes will be removed from Facebook and you will not be able to unmerge it.

An_dz

QuoteI have two Facebook Pages for the same thing. Can I merge them?
(...)
This link will only appear if you manage two Pages with similar names.
We don't manage neither and you manage one only.

Yona-TYT

the name can be changed

there will to try it to see if it is possible :)

Emil Sawicki

Simutrans 123, Windows 10

IgorEliezer

The topic for feedback, suggestions and bug report of the site is here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11482.0

I'm locking this one to avoid confusion... oops, sorry. :x