News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Option to exclude buses/trams from minimap's "networks" mode

Started by fredp, January 30, 2013, 10:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredp

Hi, what a nice surprise to find an extremely cool addition to the minimap as the "networks" mode! (i haven't been playing simutrans for quite some time..)

I have a suggestion (or better, a wish, if somebody else likes it):
would it be possible to exclude certain types of transport from that mode? Even better, maybe some checkboxes next to the "networks" one, each one switching the visibility of a different transport type.
Excluding buses and trams, that I guess most people use mainly for urban transport, would help a lot in reducing clutter when viewing at 1:1 scale, and at larger scale you would also get a really nice tube map in cities where you built an undeground rail system.

Thanks

Yona-TYT

this is what happens when there are many transport networks :o

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Bear789

Quote from: fredp on January 30, 2013, 10:56:37 PM
Even better, maybe some checkboxes next to the "networks" one, each one switching the visibility of a different transport type.

I support this version with filters. Also, I'd like to add another filter for the company. If you use more than one (for example, passengers on one company and freight on the other), it can be usefull to show only the lines of a certain company.

Fifty

You can already filter pax, mail, and freight lines by clicking on those buttons in the map dialog. But I support having filters by waytype too. There might already be a way to filter ny company too...
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

greenling

Hello Fifty your idea with filters it very goog.
That must in Simutrans build in.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

While filtering is extremely easy to do programwise, the UI for this is not straight forward. Either it needs a seperate Line window, which would allow for all this stuff, or some additional boxes, which I really want to avoid.

Showing ownership is simple, pres CNTRL; also since there is now an ownership button, maybe these could be combined. (Ok, there is also a track button, which only shows tracks.)