News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Suggested Game to Try out: Leap Day

Started by colonyan, February 04, 2013, 10:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonyan

http://www.leapdaygame.com/

For refreshment.
This one has strong puzzle and planning element.

Some similarities to Simutrans.

Goods delivery, Industry chain, Route design and Transporter management.
Watching complex of factories producing high tier products is pretty amazing.
Even more so if finished goods are delivered. Game also features day cycle
thus time management as well. Strongly suggested.

Sarlock

Curse you!  Now I'm addicted :)

Cute little game, I love the machanics of it.  There are certainly some issues that will need to be resolved re: inactive players and being able to complete games, but it's a great start.  Reminds me a bit of the original The Settlers games (especially the original one).
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

colonyan

Quote from: Sarlock on February 06, 2013, 07:43:58 PM

Cute little game, I love the machanics of it.  There are certainly some issues that will need to be resolved re: inactive players and being able to complete games, but it's a great start.  Reminds me a bit of the original The Settlers games (especially the original one).
I'm not touching it arbitrary since if I did, I will only be doing it. Its in beta too so I will wait more until start playing again.
The settlers yes. That was fun game as well.
This game hints me a lot on how should I design my industry chain and cargo-vehicle types.

ӔO

it's quite fun.

game balance appears to be quite good as well.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

isidoro

Reading you makes me want to try it so much...
Pity there's no Linux version, afaik.

Markohs

****, that's quite addicting, losed 3 hours on that already. :)

Quote from: isidoro on February 06, 2013, 11:44:16 PM
Reading you makes me want to try it so much...
Pity there's no Linux version, afaik.

No, but maybe you can try whta they point here: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/20888/what-can-i-do-for-linux-support.html

isidoro

I think I'll wait for Unity 4 or, try with wine...  Thanks.

HDomos

Quote from: Sarlock on February 06, 2013, 07:43:58 PM
Me too :) I'm playing it for 3 days and i love it...

Markohs

3000 income per leap, I'm addicted too! :)

colonyan

3k without large factory and this area size? That's quite impressive.

Sarlock

My recent best was 14k+ per day making fine lumber (didn't get to the wood statue, I finished the game before then, otherwise it would have jumped to 33k/day).

I made so much money so fast that I was the first one to the boss, surrounded it and completed all 7 statues myself.

Growing bored of the game now, though... back to Simutrans :)

Markohs

wow, 33k is impressive!  post a ss of that plz so we can see how did you organize the network plz :)

HDomos

I've only managed a 8500 max in the last game:) now it's time foe the wood statue:)

Sarlock

It's really not that hard to gain the wood statue, I've seen it done a couple of times.  If you're lucky enough to start in a heavily forested area you'll have more than enough resources.  You'll need the train, though, otherwise it's exceedingly difficult to move that many goods in time before the day ends.
You need 125 trees to create the statue.  Create lots of smaller loops in the forested sections, collect it with cranes with your railroads and deliver it to your factories.  3-4 initial factories will work fine, then deliver the completed materials to 2 secondary factories to create the fine lumber, then a quick jaunt to your final factory to create the statue, located right beside your palace and presto, 33k/day.
The game I did it on is long gone but I'll see if I can do it again if I'm lucky enough to have ample trees in my next starting location.
I was making ice statues in my last game (made with water) but they only sell for 11k each.

HDomos

Quote from: Sarlock on February 11, 2013, 07:53:06 PM
It's really not that hard to gain the wood statue, I've seen it done a couple of times.  If you're lucky enough to start in a heavily forested area you'll have more than enough resources.  You'll need the train, though, otherwise it's exceedingly difficult to move that many goods in time before the day ends.
You need 125 trees to create the statue.  Create lots of smaller loops in the forested sections, collect it with cranes with your railroads and deliver it to your factories.  3-4 initial factories will work fine, then deliver the completed materials to 2 secondary factories to create the fine lumber, then a quick jaunt to your final factory to create the statue, located right beside your palace and presto, 33k/day.
The game I did it on is long gone but I'll see if I can do it again if I'm lucky enough to have ample trees in my next starting location.
I was making ice statues in my last game (made with water) but they only sell for 11k each.

Lol i've managed to do 3 fine lumbers with only two large factory in less then one day now :)
Here is the game: http://www.leapdaygame.com/index.html?observe=666__c2e3ce45-e054-4e7d-8082-55f6604ba960&player=8&x=55&y=53

Tomorrow i'll try the statue... Just have to get a little more money for that...

Sarlock

http://www.leapdaygame.com/index.html?observe=666__7a5b137b-243f-4eb2-a692-7dc9487a60f9&player=5&x=45&y=72

22,500 income/leap day using ice statues (producing 2 at 11,250 coins each).  Very hard to do!  That's 250 water that needs to be processed in one day which is very difficult logistically.  It took me hours to tweak the balance just right to get the extra statue to finish just before the day ended.

Wood is far easier because 125 wood = 33k profit.

Sarlock