News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

r2211 - Public station tool behavior

Started by z9999, January 04, 2009, 07:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirrrtyDirk

Hmmm... it should be there, maybe try a nightly version for the program itself, too?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Dwachs

I have two additional questions about public stations:

Currently, any player can remove a public stations. In network (or AI) games, this feature/bug can be used to screw up other players. Should this possibility be removed?

If one starts more than one passenger AI in the game, they try to build independent networks, often there stations are placed tile-by-tile. Would it be possible/ wanted/ not wanted to consider neighboring station as connected? That is, if 'Station A' of 'Player A' is adjacent to 'Station B' of 'Player B' both stations are considered connected, the transfer of passengers from A to B would count as one additional transfer (they have to walk..).

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Combuijs

QuoteCurrently, any player can remove a public stations. In network (or AI) games, this feature/bug can be used to screw up other players. Should this possibility be removed?

I think that would be better, yes.

QuoteThat is, if 'Station A' of 'Player A' is adjacent to 'Station B' of 'Player B' both stations are considered connected, the transfer of passengers from A to B would count as one additional transfer (they have to walk..).

OK, so you propose an automatic connection between two adjacent stations? Hmm, don't know about that one. What do you do if player A = player B? Consider them adjacent would be logical then, and beginners would love this  :D , but sometimes the separation is intended. I would vote "not wanted", but with a possibility two merge two stations into one. That new station will be a public one if from different players (can only be done by public player), and a player one if the stations are from the same player.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs