News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

New line->Text field->arrow keys

Started by blitzmaster, January 05, 2009, 11:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blitzmaster

Hi!

If you create a new line and you want to set a minimum load value, the cursor jumps into the text field, and now you can't move the map with your arrow keys. This is just a bit annoying, when you're making a line, where the fields are far away from each other...
The cursor shouldn't jump into the field when you're just clicking the increase/decrease buttons of the value next to the text field.
Of course it is not possible to do this, when the user clicks directly into the text field...

Roads

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.  I don't think I've ever had the problem where I couldn't scroll the screen with my arrow keys.  The window is a bit tricky though, if you don't click on the line that you want to set the pickup percent or click slightly to the left of the little arrow, the screen may scroll but all you have to do is click again on the line to want to increase the percent on.

Combuijs

I can confirm blitzmaster's notion.

Create new line, select first station, fill in 100% wait load, just by clicking the little arrows left and right of the 100-input text box. Now you want to select the second station, but you can't scroll the screen further up, down, left or right with the arrow keys.

Two work arounds:
1) Select first station, select second station, and then fill in 100% wait load (that first station is still the one the 100% wait load is working for).
2) Select first station, set to 100% and then click on the map button, click on the map on more or less the right place. Now you can use the arrow keys again, thereby moving your screen up, down, left or right.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

z9999

Combuijs

QuoteHit "Enter/Return" key.

When? After setting it to 100%?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

blitzmaster

thank you, z9999, it works...
after modifying the value just hit enter and you're back to the map-scrolling function