News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Swiss mountains - scenario - pak128

Started by ny911, February 25, 2013, 07:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ny911

Swiss mountains - scenario Version 0.1

nightly r6352, pak128 2.2.0 r1142
Map 512*512 ; Alps area, Swiss ; lang=en,de

Main points:

• less terraforimg and more expensive
  • tree cut down cost more
  • the rock pressure on tunnel is relevant for their approval
  • no way in the real high mountains
EDIT: new Version
swiss_v02.zip (Version 0.2,  1.87 MB , until 2013-07-04)
swiss_v01.zip (Version 0.1,  1.87 MB , until 2013-06-25)
new link: http://scenarios.simutrans.com/scenario/pak128/swiss_mountains

greenling

Hello NY911
the glacier express drive over the Oberalbpass and a road goes too.
And the Furkapass,Gotthardpass have a road.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

ny911

Quote from: greenling on February 25, 2013, 08:56:33 PM
the glacier express drive over the Oberalbpass and a road goes too.
And the Furkapass,Gotthardpass have a road.
Yes, I know. In the game it's only the mountain peaks and to make the scenario a bit more challenging.
Without this rule the player can build to easily the roads and tracks to cross the mountains.
To turn off the rule remove line 41 & 42 in the scenario.nut

Sarlock

Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Combuijs

Hmm, nice!

Can I ask where the heightmap is coming from? I don't seem to have it in my Simutrans Maps collection...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

ny911

Quote from: Combuijs on February 26, 2013, 09:36:45 AM
Can I ask where the heightmap is coming from? I don't seem to have it in my Simutrans Maps collection...
My work.  :)

Swiss Heigtmap 512*512
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/map_swisse_05.ppm

Combuijs

Thank you! Posted on Simutrans Maps. Will write something in the blog.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

prissi

Combuijs

Ask Isaac for a place on the Simutrans Server, and when you got it, ask Timothy for handling the subdomain.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Exactly! I'm creating the subdomain and sending him the login details :)

Ashley

Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

ny911

Quote from: Fabio on February 27, 2013, 10:01:05 PM
It could go in official scenarios as well!

So here is a small update of the scenario:
swiss_v02.zip (Version 0.2, 1.87MB)

for: nightly r6379, pak128 2.2.0 r1170

change:
- target window (include change of target counter)
- tunnel level 3 was able without level 2
- new message if maximal tunnel level changes in game
- moved Zürich airport
- more rivers and river names
- less bugs

VS

Since Fabio already asked - would you allow inclusion of this scenario in pak128?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ny911

Quote from: VS on March 06, 2013, 03:54:11 PM
Since Fabio already asked - would you allow inclusion of this scenario in pak128?
sure!

I started a few minutes ago a translation thread to get more languages. ...

Dwachs

If script should be included in repository I would like to force some coding style. Your script is almost perfect. My only complaint is that there is no consistent indentation. Imho indentation should be done by tabs, one tab-stop per indentation level.

Thank you for your work on these GREAT scenarios!
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

ny911

Quote from: Dwachs on March 06, 2013, 05:17:45 PM
My only complaint is that there is no consistent indentation. Imho indentation should be done by tabs, one tab-stop per indentation level.
That's easy. I will change it. Save as ... done. See attachment.

QuoteThank you for your work on these GREAT scenarios!
Thanks to you for all the new scenario functions to get it work and of course for the support!

Dwachs

I am sorry,  I still have one more complaint, again indentation. I would like to see indentation like

if (1==1)
{
   bla
}

ie curly bracket at same indentation level as the opening if/for/whatever clause. Sorry for being this pedantic.

Edit: Is this script ready for being included into pak128 ?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

ny911

QuoteSorry for being this pedantic.
no problem.

It's just to use the replace function in the editor.

QuoteIs this script ready for being included into pak128 ?
In my opinion yes.

VS

I have committed version #2 as attached in first post, in r1178. Many thanks! :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

benste

Awesome work I'm really looking forward to get more of this..

Did anybody finish playing it already ?
Started down in the Milan / Verona area, suprisingly there seem to be some issues with boosted production of "Bretter" for the wholesales in Milan and the town at the right end of the map - now finally nothing is getting delivered anymore (somehow like a max ..) used to work for about 30years, but "bretter" slowly piled up at both sawmills and didn't get distributed to the ship yard - even though the was no overcorwding , neither the max of the month reached nor the max at the wholesale reached..

If you want to i could also provide a savegame please let me know soon otherwise i'll delete the savegame

- further more a mino bug in the nice idea of max. height changes per year
seems like once you used e.g. 1/4 it's using a timer to count back - but it's counting kinda debit and never stopping - so atm. I'm allowd +24 changes (which i guess wasn't intended)

Thanks for fixing - and once again AWESOME work - need to get more of these ! (download needs to be integrated into the game for other scenarios !)

ny911

Quote from: benste on March 22, 2013, 11:18:41 PM
Awesome work I'm really looking forward to get more of this..
still in work, but it needs time...

QuoteDid anybody finish playing it already ?
Yes the V.0.1 I played two times completely, just to find out how realistic the scenario game settings are (using the freeplay mode to speed up testing).

Quotebut "bretter" slowly piled up at both sawmills and didn't get distributed to the ship yard - even though the was no overcrowding , neither the max of the month reached nor the max at the wholesale reached..

If you want to i could also provide a savegame please let me know soon otherwise i'll delete the savegame
Is there no translation for "bretter" working? I didn't find the place in the code where it is missing. To give you a better answer where the overcrowding problem is, please make a upload of the savegame somewhere. e.g. http://files.simutrans-germany.com/

Quotefurther more a mino bug in the nice idea of max. height changes per year
seems like once you used e.g. 1/4 it's using a timer to count back - but it's counting kinda debit and never stopping - so atm. I'm allowd +24 changes (which i guess wasn't intended)
The script counts back each month. The city list in the scenario window shows : used height changes which are actual remembered by the citizens and the amount of month until they forget everything.
Oh, I see, there is a difference  to the popup informations. Here it's shown used height changes against maximum. So I will have to change only the text to avoid confusions.

benste

Thanks for your quick reply - started a new game this morning similar issues, but the overcrowding might be a thing which i'm not really taking into acount yet, having a central HUB like system instead of direct routes i'm kinda trouble to keep things up an running - e.g. this morning i had a sawmill completly messing up  because one of the stops wihtin the 8 different type of transport changes was sometimes overcrowded.

Does it really take into account the whole route ???
Feel free to let me know the overcrowded stations in
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/swiss_mountains_1_buggy_milan.sve

benste

PS when exactly do you get the 1st tunnel level ?? - I'm delivering plenty of wholesales with "bretter" now and it's still 0 - what do you mean by the 6600 target ? 

btw. "bretter" = the thing which is produced at the sawmill - i'm just to lazy to change display language in Simutrans from german to something else :)

ny911

Quote from: benste on March 23, 2013, 10:44:46 AM
- e.g. this morning i had a sawmill completly messing up  because one of the stops wihtin the 8 different type of transport changes was sometimes overcrowded.
Does it really take into account the whole route ???
Yes. e.g. in your savegame you have a overcrowded station at "Basel". As long as you don't manage to reduce the planks for "Bern" in "Basel" the sawmill will not deliver anything for "Bern". The same for "Milano" there you have the problem at "Piacenza".

Try to use the map inside the game. Inside the map window use "Networks" and from the selection buttons "stop status", now you can see every overcrowded station as a red point on the map.

Quotewhat do you mean by the 6600 target ?
It is the consumed amount at each Material wholesale for a complete year.

benste

Thanks, but found another might be bug :)

if you use the landscaping tool at a place in which it's not allwed - e.g. field in use it's subsctracted as a valid operation.
E.g. one of my mice tends to always double up to triple click - this will change the area once and charge 10,000 but count as 3 operations

ny911

Quote from: benste on March 23, 2013, 11:43:18 AM
if you use the landscaping tool at a place in which it's not allwed - e.g. field in use it's subsctracted as a valid operation.
E.g. one of my mice tends to always double up to triple click - this will change the area once and charge 10,000 but count as 3 operations
Found it, it's a bug! In the moment there is now scenario script method to catch this problem, so it's up to the user to take care of his landscape tool actions.

Maybe in one of the next simutrans releases we can fix the problem.

benste

coming up with another bug :) - (i know there is overgrowding in that map too)

for one particular city the counter for elevation changes isn't reset - see coordinates in savegame title

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/swiss_mountains_target1_BUG203,103,5.sve

i was trying to add a slope at the point to complete the doubled track

ny911

Quote from: benste on March 24, 2013, 04:57:34 PM
coming up with another bug :)
It's great to have feedback and a bug finder.

Quotefor one particular city the counter for elevation changes isn't reset
Well, this counter isn't set, that's a correct behavior. That isn't a bug, as is written in the rules, only cities which have a growth will forget your elevation changes. The nearest city "Olten" didn't have a city growth in the last twelfth month.

But I have found an other point. For the next scenario version I will have to protect rivers to be erased. At (179,79) you cut off the "Birs" from the "Rhein".

benste

I'll keep playing it so far reaching the 6600 per warehouse proofs to be quite difficult i'm only catching up at around 6300 :) - with boosted passenger and electricty used ...
I'll get some passenger service running to olten ... - and trust me Bears never existed :P - placing the Basel Station at it's original SBB place prooved to be too difficult :) that's why i cut it ...

btw. currently adding passenger networks to most of the towns, wanna get some cash by flying MXP- to any city in CH

if you wanna be accurate with your map you should add the rhine "falls" which make the rhine unshipable next to schaffhausen - would force the user to either build a connected station or not beeing able to use ships from Brengenz up to Bern

e.g. 290,60,-7 - make go up one tile and flow as 3 little unshipable creeks down again

Mod note: please do not double-post. Edit your last comment instead.
~IgorEliezer

benste

i guess  got something else which was part of the rules in a wrong way - I'm finally having 3 warehousees with above 6600 items delivered in your chart, but still i'm stuck at tunnel level 0 ?

Game: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/swiss_mountainsBodensee.sve
Screenshot: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Bildschirmfoto_vom_2013-03-25_00:16:27.png

Milan seems to be changing in between 6200 and 8000 due to delayed shipments with ships ... but how long do you need to keep 6600 items ?

PS: what are the 2 numbers in front of the items delivered ? are these the other two goods ?

ny911

Quote from: benste on March 24, 2013, 11:21:42 PM
i guess  got something else which was part of the rules in a wrong way - I'm finally having 3 warehousees with above 6600 items delivered in your chart, but still i'm stuck at tunnel level 0 ?
Well that's easy to find. Solution: Just play your savegame until March to get the first Tunnel-Level.

QuoteMilan seems to be changing in between 6200 and 8000 due to delayed shipments with ships ... but how long do you need to keep 6600 items ?
For the first tunnel level you need three warehouses having a minimum of 6600. You will have to keep it over a complete month. At the first moment of the new month you will have normally nothing sold so far in this new month, so you will need a higher consumption in the other 11 month to reach the target amount.

The List is showing the amount of consumed planks (as written above in the scenario window). Your target to receive the first tunnel level is a amount of 6600 consumed planks at the first  moment of each month in three warehouses. Please remember that the scenario window is only refreshed every 8-10 seconds.

QuotePS: what are the 2 numbers in front of the items delivered ? are these the other two goods ?
Yes, the two other goods, as written above in the scenario window.

I'm not sure - thinking about your feedback - it may be better to show only the amount of the last 11 of 12 month instead of 12 of 12 month.

By the way: You have a lot of traffic jams on your map. This may also have effect your transportation network.

benste

I just encountered another bug:

load the game - rotate the map (i did it twice)
try to change the height of any tile

>> simutrans crash (out of range)

not sure if this is a simutrans or scenario bug
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/swiss_mountains_speicher?.sve