News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Can't find the game save directory on my Mac

Started by HXC, February 27, 2013, 06:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HXC

When I tried to copy the game save and the height map file from my PC, I can't find the game save directory on my mac like "C:/User/My document/Simutrans" on the PC.

I also tried to save the game and took a screenshot in the game but I still can't search the game save file and the screenshot, so I want to know the game save directory on the Mac, thank you!  :)

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

HXC

Quote from: Dwachs on February 27, 2013, 06:48:25 PM
Please look here:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7912

Hope this helps
I just follow the instruction but still cannot find the game save folder  :-[

anyway thanks  ;D

mEGa

I don't use Mac but Linux... But there is explanation to create these sub-repositories in simutrans repository root (I think it will be running with Mac like another OS) :
1) Open global parameters file :
<main installed repository>/simutrans/config/simuconf.tab
2) Then uncomment "singleuser_install" line and write 1

#################################program stuff##################################
#
# This simuconf.tab will be read first => we set meaningful defaults here.
#
# load/save the files in the users or the program directory directory? (default: 0 = user directory)
# ATTENTION!
# will be only used if this file is located in the program directory at config/simuconf.tab!
singleuser_install = 1
#

3) Save the file.

4) Run again simutrans and now repositories named "map","screenshots", "save", "addons" are in your main repository of Simutrans (<main installed repository>/simutrans/)

Enjoy
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Ters

Quote from: mEGa on February 28, 2013, 10:19:41 AM
4) Run again simutrans and now repositories named "map","screenshots", "save", "addons" are in your main repository of Simutrans (<main installed repository>/simutrans/)

But any existing stuff will now be even more lost.

An_dz

You can always use Finder. Search for Simutrans and look for folders with this name. One must be it.

MCollett

Quote from: HXC on February 28, 2013, 09:16:33 AM
I just follow the instruction but still cannot find the game save folder  :-[

In the Finder, choose Go->Go to Folder ... (Shift-command G), and enter "~/Library/Simutrans/save".

Searching with Spotlight may not find it, since by default it doesn't look in the Library folder.

Best wishes,
Matthew