News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

SMSC March 2013 Edition: Farming landscapes

Started by An_dz, March 04, 2013, 11:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Quote from: Isaac_Clarke on March 04, 2013, 08:29:22 PM
Is there going to be a contest this month?
Quote from: HDomos on March 04, 2013, 09:03:21 PM
I hope :)
Yes, and here it is. This month the topic is Farming landscapes. Show us the beautiful crop fields in your game.

Rules
  • Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Farming landscapes
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at March 23rd. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prizes:

mEGa

Hi, I'm not late, but there is my contribution: Orchard valley.

Apples for cider and other fruits are produced to feed citizens of neighborhood cities. It's a beginning of a big network chain to transport goods through country.
Real game of pak 128 with japan addons (fields), french addons (covered market chain, french food and some trucks) and others (guide_piles...)
You can see two different views of seasons : spring (left) and summer (right)

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Isaac_Clarke

Between Smooth Countryside and Threatening Urbanization

This a mounting of 2 pictures took at the same place but with a gap of approximately 30 years between them.
The place is next to Paris, the capital city of my map

In the old picture at the top, you can admire a peaceful landscape 30 years ago, unaffected by the expansion of Paris and its suburbs (not visible in the picture). Cereral plantations that extend out of sight feed a major part of the Simutransiens. The road is the only sign of the proximity with the city.

30 years later (2nd picture), the area has changed a lot. The expansion of the Metropolis (now 1.200.000 citizens) has reached the countrysides. Cereal plantations are stuck between Noisy-le-grand (30.000 citizens) and Nanterre (60.000 citizens), 2 suburbans cities of Paris. The road has been improve into a double-track highway and somes of the plantations are raze in order to build modern housings, offices and somes plants.
The local farmers union are trying to stop the destruction of their landscapes by investing the sites.

From my main savegame
Pak128 + addons

SilverHorse

Farming by the river

This is my first contest screenshot, and it consists in an inland landscape in Spain, during the 70's. Around a little imaginary village we can see several farms: sheep, wheat and a fruit plantation. Upon the hill there is a little cow farm, and an old water mill can be seen by the river. Moreover, there is a bus line and a post car running along the village streets.

It is not a real game, just a created scenario. First, I placed each building and road, and afterwards, the town hall. This screenshot is from pak 128 with Spanish addons (fruit tree farm and all the vehicles).

sdog

greenling

Hello Silverhorse
Can you me said how i can get the Spanish addons (fruit tree farm and all the vehicles)?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Raiser

Quote from: SilverHorse on March 11, 2013, 10:22:02 PM
This screenshot is from pak 128 with Spanish addons (fruit tree farm and all the vehicles).

Yes, where can i get them?

Zeno

I'm sorry there are only a few of them available, mostly buses and my already known spanish train set, at zeno.simutrans.com (look at the Enassa section).

If I get a few spare time (which doesn't happen as often as I would like) I will prepare a new release of the spanish "Enassa" addon collection, including more vehicles, those plantations and maybe some trucks.

SilverHorse

Quote from: sdog on March 11, 2013, 11:27:59 PM
welcome to the contest SilverHorse!

Thank you very much. I'm very pleased to participate.

Two players asking about our addons makes me feel very happy. I hope we can offer a more complete addons file soon.

Sarlock

I had hoped for more time to work on this, but I'm heading on vacation next week and likely this is as good as it will get right now.

Staged/public player, not a real game.  pak128/pak128.Britain with addons and work in progress addons/additions to pak128 that aren't ready for release yet.  This was a fun opportunity to showcase some of my work in progress.  See if you can spot the new things!

And before you ask, no, you can't have any of them yet... they aren't ready for release.  Mostly because I haven't got all of the rotations done and I'm still tweaking a few things.  Soon, my precious, soon... :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Raiser

Quote from: Sarlock on March 15, 2013, 12:34:54 AM
I had hoped for more time to work on this, but I'm heading on vacation next week and likely this is as good as it will get right now.

Staged/public player, not a real game.  pak128 with addons and work in progress addons/additions to pak128 that aren't ready for release yet.  This was a fun opportunity to showcase some of my work in progress.  See if you can spot the new things!

Sarlock, i don't want to know what happens if you have too much time :) Note 1+! You are reading my thoughts - i had already exactly the same projects on my favorite list  ;D To improve landscape possibilities, just as my thread "avenue & Roundabout" is dedicated to.

Regards

Raiser

Sarlock

Quote from: Raiser on March 15, 2013, 01:21:17 AM
Sarlock, i don't want to know what happens if you have too much time :) Note 1+! You are reading my thoughts - i had already exactly the same projects on my favorite list  ;D To improve landscape possibilities, just as my thread "avenue & Roundabout" is dedicated to.

Excellent!  Glad I could complete a project or two for you... I've been wanting to do roadside telephone poles for months.  I modelled the poles and the arc of the wires in Blender and then did the final editing work manually.

The seaside cliffs are part of a bigger landscape project that I am working on.

I also did the overhead traffic lights.

I have a few other things on the drawing board as well but they didn't fit the farmland motif.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Sarlock on March 15, 2013, 12:34:54 AM
This was a fun opportunity to showcase some of my work in progress.
Definitely way to go! :D