News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Apparently random "No route" warnings [solved]

Started by Spacethingy, March 07, 2013, 06:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacethingy

I have a feeling that this is a bug, but I just wanted to check this isn't me missing some finer point of Simutrans gameplay...  ;D

The train going from Ashham to Baringden got stuck at Baringden with a no route warning. I looked for any unconnected rails or wrong-way-round signals but there was nothing. I then tried sending the train to waypoints along the route - it happily found a path all the way to the square right next to the desired platform, but still not to the platform itself.

I thought it may be because the platform was mostly made of goods tiles (although another pax train happily went to the station) so I removed the goods tiles and replaced them with pax tiles. An attached tram route promptly stopped working permanently and the pax train still refused to move.

Help!  :-[  (I attached the pak64 112.1 r6212 save if that helps...)
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

greenling

Hello Spacething
your Save have a damage.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Ters

When you write that it find a route all the way to the tile next to the platform, did you try a waypoint at the first platform tile, or just a waypoint somewhere along the platform? Some platforms in pak64 is very good at hiding broken tracks, so a visual inspection won't do.

Spacethingy

Um... I've been an idiot. I do have a fever at the moment, so I'll use that as an excuse...  :-X

The trams stopped because I must have accidentally deleted some catenary sometime (I found a hole). The train stopped because there was a little one way marker hidden behind a tree (even on transparent tree mode I could hardly see it...).

Sorry for wasting your time guys, thanks for trying to look at the .sve Greenling....
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.