News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

The World's Worst Website Ever

Started by IgorEliezer, March 23, 2013, 01:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Close your eyes and hit "back" if you can't stand much long.

http://theworldsworstwebsiteever.com/

sdog

*smile*
this guy is oooold

almost made me sentimental, a few years ago all the web looked like this.

... and i looked at them all the time, instead i could have found out that there were rave girls were wearing yellow fishnet stockings or other sensible things

Ters

I've seen worse. This one hasn't made full use of the ability to set different backgrounds on everything, nor do the colors appear selected under influence of LSD. It doesn't use frames either, with visible default borders and scroll bars everywhere.

As sdog writes, this isn't much worse than an average homemade, or small organization, web page of the late 90s. (Except for the clock that follows the mouse around.)

And the HTML looks nice. One can't achive bottom score without having made the page in Word (or at least Frontpage) with 95 % of the code being useless junk. And not useless like that clock, because that clock is a visible difference from a page without it. I'm referring to code that can be cut out completely, or replaced with much less, without any visible or behavioural change on the page whatsoever.

An_dz

Quote from: Ters on March 23, 2013, 08:41:09 AM
I've seen worse. This one hasn't made full use of the ability to set different backgrounds on everything, nor do the colors appear selected under influence of LSD. It doesn't use frames either, with visible default borders and scroll bars everywhere.
Ters, you said it all.

Anyone else noticed the footer message?

Edit:
After reading the list of mistakes makes me happy of using Opera, no custom cursors, no custom scrollbars, no background music.

Combuijs

After reading the lists of mistakes I wonder if the spelling error in the list is on purpose or not ...  :o
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs