News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Vehicles cannot cross bridges at all

Started by wlindley, March 29, 2013, 10:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

At least with the latest Britian pak from git, and RC 11.9002, I have been unable to get any horse-drawn carriage, or any train, to cross a river on any sort of bridge at all.  Cannot find a route...

jamespetts

Ahh, this will be because bridges' weight limits are now based on the total convoy weight limit rather than a single vehicle weight limit. The next version of Pak128.Britain-Ex will have bridges with weight limits adjusted to take account of this feature.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

OK.  Everything does work fine with Pak128.Britain 0.8.4.  Hmm, maybe it's the "makeobj did not get updated by 'make all'" thing again?

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

Hello Jamespetts
How can i get a makeobj(exp) for RC 11.9002 ?
That i can test your idea for the new pak128.britain ex 0.8.4.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

For the present, you will have to compile Makeobj yourself for the latest RC, as I have not released a binary Makeobj.

neroden

No -- this was a real bug.  I found and solved this bug.  Wayobj limits were not set correctly from Besch limits for bridges.  It's on my jp-devel-fixes branch.

(The code is getting way too hairy, making it easy for bugs like this to appear.  Someone needs to go through and do a serious refactoring, but I don't have time right now.  And last time I did it was like pulling teeth to get Prissi to accept patches.)