News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Passengers much more profitable than goods

Started by japa86, April 02, 2013, 01:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

japa86

Hi!

I'm playing 10.27 and brit-exp0.8.3.

I'm playing from 1930. I'm finding it incredibly easy to make money with passengers but nearly impossible to make reasonable profit transferring goods..! Infra costs get very high even when I'm using the cheapest possible rails etc. Also the end consumers accept too little stuff to get enough volume to cover high infra maintenance.

Am I doing something wrong here or missing some important point?

-Jaakko

jamespetts

Hello and welcome to the forums! Sorry that you are having difficulties. This is a known issue with 0.8.3 - the prices of goods are better balanced in the beta release 0.8.4, available here. (Note that the "for -devel builds only" designation is now out of date - it works with the current release build of Simutrans-Experimental).

A release build with the updated pricing is currently being prepared, which will be Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0, but there are quite a few updates that need to be made to it before it will be ready for release, so it might be a while yet.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

japa86

Thanks, that was a quick reply! :) I'll try the 0.8.4 then..!

-Jaakko