News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Pak128 Underground problem!

Started by Osric, April 03, 2013, 04:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osric

I know this is an old chestnut, but I am having a problem with it and I have looked at previous posts and cannot find a resolution. I've played PAK128.Britain for years and although I'm no guru, I'm hardly a greenhorn and have successfully build complex underground stations many times before.

I can build underground tunnels, corner them and build underground goods platforms so I am constructing the tunnel correctly, but I cannot place an underground passenger platform. I am running the latest stable version of Simutrans with Pak128. I have two available choices under the rail building menu: Completely covered platform224 or platform with building64. Similar structures are no problem as underground platforms in PAK128.Britain and there is in any case no other options. The error message I get is "Cannot build this station/building in underground mode here." but can place a goods platform on the same tile. I am at 1968 so I suppose its possible underground stations are not available yet and the ones I am attempting to use are inappropriate. If anyone could enlighten me as to why I cannot build stations or what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Many Thanks

HDomos

Quote from: Osric on April 03, 2013, 04:43:01 PM
The error message I get is "Cannot build this station/building in underground mode here." but can place a goods platform on the same tile. I am at 1968 so I suppose its possible underground stations are not available yet and the ones I am attempting to use are inappropriate. If anyone could enlighten me as to why I cannot build stations or what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

As i know this is a known bug in pak128, there is no underground passenger station in the official pak yet... The possible solutions are:
- Build a goods platform and place extension buildings above it on the ground which enable passengers
- Download addons, like the paris metro stations from mEGa (can be found in pak128 addons board i hope)

I hope it helped :)

Osric

Shame. Well, I'll try the metro addon if I can find it and try the workaround with the goods platform. Thanks for your help.

Osric

Metro works a treat. You've rescued hours of gameplay. Many thanks

Sarlock

Until we have a range of completed underground metro stations available, we should change our current surface passenger stations to also work underground.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Fabio

Or add present mEga's stations as placeholders to be eventually upgraded when final version is released.

mEGa

Hi,
You can find metro addons here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:transports#transport_by_underground_trains

Quote from: Fabio on April 03, 2013, 09:00:14 PM
Or add present mEga's stations as placeholders to be eventually upgraded when final version is released.
As Fabio said, some bugs can appear because it isn't released version.

Have fun
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

mad_genius

Quote from: mEGa on April 04, 2013, 08:42:35 AM
Hi,
You can find metro addons here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:transports#transport_by_underground_trains
As Fabio said, some bugs can appear because it isn't released version.

Have fun

Thanks for the link mEGa. Your work is fantastic.
I'm really looking forward to the release of your underground stations, harbour improvements and maglev work (I think it's called MLM 2, right?).

I also noticed that pak128 also doesn't provide underground stations for trams. I usually use underground trams to make small scale/speed subways.
I suppose there isn't any underground tram stations on the official pak yet. Is there any addon for this?

mEGa

Quote from: mad_genius on June 14, 2013, 10:44:14 AM
Thanks for the link mEGa. Your work is fantastic.
Thanks a lot.
I'm really looking forward to the release of your underground stations, harbour improvements and maglev work (I think it's called MLM 2, right?).
Maglev project is made by Gauthier, but i'm agree it's a brilliant work !
I also noticed that pak128 also doesn't provide underground stations for trams. I usually use underground trams to make small scale/speed subways.
I suppose there isn't any underground tram stations on the official pak yet. Is there any addon for this?
Yes you're right... An interesting project to be created IMHO. While waiting for, you are some solutions :
Trams can run on railways... So you can create railways with tunnel accessories, link them with tramway tracks and put train stations where you want to make a stop.
So your trams line can serve a little more attractive underground stations.

mad_genius

Quote from: mEGa on June 14, 2013, 11:44:14 AM
Maglev project is made by Gauthier, but i'm agree it's a brilliant work !
Really off-topic but I'm seeing that the MLM 2 has been suspended.
Is it "temporarily suspended while I finish other projects" or "suspended for good aka cancelled"? It would be sad to see such a great project permanently cancelled.

Quote from: mEGa on June 14, 2013, 11:44:14 AM
Trams can run on railways... So you can create railways with tunnel accessories, link them with tramway tracks and put train stations where you want to make a stop.
So your trams line can serve a little more attractive underground stations.
Never thought of that. Thanks for the ideia.

mEGa

Quote from: mad_genius on June 17, 2013, 01:47:15 PM
Really off-topic but I'm seeing that the MLM 2 has been suspended.
Is it "temporarily suspended while I finish other projects" or "suspended for good aka cancelled"? It would be sad to see such a great project permanently cancelled.
Yes it is right. Gauthier suspended this project because he wanted to have any time for him (post-school studies). I don't want to speak on her own behalf, I just hope he can soon create again and finish. But He also said if anybody wants to continue, he was welcome and Gauthier could give his designed files and sketches...

gauthier

I have suspended this project for two years for my studies, anyway the worst years are about to finish so I'm likely to resume this project this summer, after having created a bunch of French trains :)
Indeed, any contribution to MLM dev. is welcome  ;D

greenling

Hello gauthier
on what for new French trains do you work :question:
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

gauthier

Currently I'm remaking my already-done trains, and balancing them for pak128 by the way, then ... well -> http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:fefe