News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Frustration. I am dealing with a slow game

Started by jessfarnsworth, April 09, 2013, 08:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessfarnsworth

Well, after playing some more with my settings on the mini map, That does not seem to be the problem with the game running slowly.  I am running 112.2 under ubuntu 12.  The entire game, no matter what map or pak set I run, just seems like it does not want to respond.  10 to 15 second wait between command and action, and it piles up commands.  Is there some thing wrong with the structure of my file system?  I have the paks located in the same directory as the exe.  Prissi, you have been of uch help, as have others.  I just want my game back.  I would have kept ubuntu 7 on a diff partition If I had known this was gonna happen.  Thanks
And now I cant even close the **** window.

Markohs

Try the fix we describe in http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11356.0 , maybe you are facing the same bug.

You basically need to:

sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/cpufreq/scaling_governor

if it outputs  "ondemand" You might be facing that bug in simutrans.

To fix it (untested, just wrote this command by head):

for i in /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/cpufreq/scaling_governor; do echo performance | sudo tee $i ;done

Or (this is the same, but manually):

echo performance | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

On all cpu's, replace cpu0 by cpu1, cpu2, cpu3... until you put all cores on performance mode.

Let me know if this made any difference please. :)

I guess you don't mind, but this makes the CPU to use more energy, it will drain your battery higher if you are on a laptop, you can go back to old mode putting "ondemand" back.

jessfarnsworth

???Ill try this.  I am new to ubuntu but usedf to use command line all the time when dos was a child and windows had not been moved from the Mac yet.  I am getting used to it.   It will be later tonight.  Thanks. ???