News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Diesel engines (Vossloh, GE 8-40, Class 40 D200,etc.. )

Started by vilvoh, December 06, 2008, 08:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

I've discovered I love powerfull diesel engines, so I've decided to make some of them. I start with the german diesel engine Vossloh G2000 "ACT".  It's a long vehicle (length=12) with 2700 kw, 86 tn and a running cost of 17cr.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

Another diesel engine, this time from UK. It's British Rail Class 40 D200. It's a long engine (it takes a single square) with 1490 kw of power, 140 km/h max. speed, 135 tn from 1958 to 1987.

The graphic sources are available in graphics.simutrans.com, at User galleries > vilvoh > diesel locomotives

vilvoh

I'm finishing a set of USA GE Dash 8-40C Diesel engines with different liveries.

Raven

Quite nice, vilvoh.

Will you code them to appear in the usual US arrangement?

http://4rail.net/4rail_pics_2007/usa_bnsf_dash9s_trio_graintrain_seattle_200711_L.jpg

just linking because of huge pic size, get the idea below:

Oh, wait! I've been toying around, they're very nice! You've got to introduce me to your 3d to pixel methods.

Doing that test makes me wonder if diagonal (NE, NW, SE and SW) lengths have been corrected. Well, it doesn't really, it shows! :·) No more 3d distorting to get right sizes!

vilvoh

Well, I tried to use the right scale but as you have pointed out, in real life the engines are pretty large, thus I guess I will code them with a length of 11 units. IRRC, the previous engines are coded with the same length, too.

An alternative solution to make it longer would be to divide it into two parts, instead of a single one. I have already use this technique with some trains like the ETR 300 Setebello and the Mtab LKAB IORE 100x series

Raven

No, I think I expressed myself badly here, sorry.

That diesel there is overlapping itself, that diesel was made by me a looong time ago, with a distorted (elongated) side view so that there would be no gaps between wagons. This was because on diagonal tracks trains where (inside the game) longer than they should.

Now it would seem that this is corrected, so nothing to worry about.

Regards

vilvoh

It hasn't been completly corrected as sometimes, with large vehicles, the overlapping still persists, specially when a large train is arriving to a station. Anyway, that's because we don't heed of Prissi's advices about not to paint so long vehicles.. ::)

vilvoh

The set of USA GE Dash 8-40C Diesel engines is finished and ready for downloading.

Optimus Prime

Great work on the beasts! 8-)
Love 'em all. Just wanna see the whole set runnin together(y locos in one piece). & if u r planin to do so, please keep the same costs. :D
With regards from
Optimus Prime

greenling

Hello Optimus Prime
The Devloper from those projekt have his last useing on the 22 November 2012.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Optimus Prime

Whatever maybe the case, the locos are just too powerful, and awesome!
With regards from
Optimus Prime

Neptune123

Not able to download please help and provide alternate link

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Please do not report posts for such a reason. Reporting is for things like spam or personal attacks or something like that.

Mariculous

vilvoh
Administrator (Inactive)
Last Active:November 22, 2012, 02:55:17 pm

You can bump this topic again and again, but it won't make him return.

Ah, and it's kind of spam.