News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

British Trains for Pak 64

Started by Carl, April 17, 2013, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Quote from: NoMorePacers on April 21, 2019, 12:55:00 PM
I'd make some for pak128.britain if I knew how to modify liveries properly in Blender.

There is a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this here. If anything is unclear about how to do that, do let me know (preferably on that thread rather than this).

If you would like to make additional vehicles or liveries for Pak128.Britain-Ex, that would be much appreciated.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

NoMorePacers

Quote from: jamespetts on April 21, 2019, 01:02:22 PM
There is a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this here. If anything is unclear about how to do that, do let me know (preferably on that thread rather than this).

If you would like to make additional vehicles or liveries for Pak128.Britain-Ex, that would be much appreciated.
I know how to change colours of vehicles on Blender, but I can't adjust the models to create liveries of different shapes yet.

jamespetts

Quote from: NoMorePacers on April 21, 2019, 03:00:03 PM
I know how to change colours of vehicles on Blender, but I can't adjust the models to create liveries of different shapes yet.

See here for an excellent Blender tutorial.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Quote from: Carl on April 17, 2013, 02:12:52 PM
Edit 22/4/15: the link below now provides a complete set of trains used on the finished GB map.
----------

In conjunction with my Great Britain map, I've been making lots of contemporary British rolling stock. I'm now ready to release a first version of the trains I've been using on that map for general use.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61716/BritishTrains.rar

Here's a non-exhaustive screenshot (i.e. the pack contains more trains than this):

The pack contains Standard and Experimental versions, as well as sources.

Please consider this a beta release. Many of the vehicles still need work. While vehicle stats (power, speed, capacity) are more or less accurate, intro years and economic balance are not by any means accurate. Furthermore, there are lots of graphical tweaks needed. I will, of course, update the package given time.

I may start livery producing for this pakset as it seams not as challenging as when you have to make liveries for the pak128-britain pakset using blender which I have in the past attempted to do and admittedly was able to produce some liveries but certain other aspects I could not manage so therefore thats why I stopped attempting to make liveries for the pak128-britain pakset.

NoMorePacers

Quote from: thegamer7893 on April 21, 2019, 03:27:41 PM
I may start livery producing for this pakset as it seams not as challenging as when you have to make liveries for the pak128-britain pakset using blender which I have in the past attempted to do and admittedly was able to produce some liveries but certain other aspects I could not manage so therefore thats why I stopped attempting to make liveries for the pak128-britain pakset.
Any liveries that you want to do in particular?

fam621

Quote from: NoMorePacers on April 21, 2019, 07:23:01 PM
Any liveries that you want to do in particular?

I'll just be doing liveries which have not been made yet plus also where can I get the pngs for all the trains in the pakset?

NoMorePacers

I think Carl provided a link somewhere either in this thread or the GB Map thread - I'm not quite sure where. I keep all my pak64 stuff in one folder, so if you can't find them anywhere else then I can send you it (with a few extras).

On a side note, would someone else be willing to compile the .png files I've uploaded (the 317 set, the 387 and the 321, as well as a 230 and 350 I have) into .pak files? Makeobj isn't working properly for me (it makes a .pak file, but it is only 1KB and doesn't put the trains into the pakset). I will write .dat files for the trains as well if you are willing to do this. Thanks.

ScotRail170434

Successfully sorted the 318s! Could we please have a Class 320 as well?

NoMorePacers

Quote from: ScotRail170434 on May 03, 2019, 11:20:52 PM
Successfully sorted the 318s! Could we please have a Class 320 as well?
How did you manage to do it?

ScotRail170434

Command Prompt through Windows. :)

NoMorePacers

Quote from: ScotRail170434 on May 04, 2019, 03:00:33 PM
Command Prompt through Windows. :)
I've done that before, but the pak files don't show up in-game. Did you get the train in-game?

NoMorePacers

How did you get it to work in the command line?

ScotRail170434

If you paint the Class 320 (SPT) and provide DAT files, I can compile them, thanks.

ScotRail170434

Quote from: NoMorePacers on April 21, 2019, 08:59:34 PM
I think Carl provided a link somewhere either in this thread or the GB Map thread - I'm not quite sure where. I keep all my pak64 stuff in one folder, so if you can't find them anywhere else then I can send you it (with a few extras).

On a side note, would someone else be willing to compile the .png files I've uploaded (the 317 set, the 387 and the 321, as well as a 230 and 350 I have) into .pak files? Makeobj isn't working properly for me (it makes a .pak file, but it is only 1KB and doesn't put the trains into the pakset). I will write .dat files for the trains as well if you are willing to do this. Thanks.
Sure! I will.

NoMorePacers

Question,

Which train that's currently available would be best to turn into either an Aventra or a Civity? Since those two trains are going to play a big part in the future on Britain's rail network, I want to make them, but I don't know what I could use as a base and I just want ideas. Thank you.

ScotRail170434

Is it possible to make a Class 320 SPT and I'll compile the files?

Thanks

ScotRail170434

First repaint I'm happy with - ScotRail Class 365 (Interim) would be useful to use on the GB map with if you electrify Edinburgh to Glasgow and Dunblane/Alloa. :)

ScotRail170434

Update: Forgot to update one of the coaches, so here's the proper unit. ;)

Carl

Nice work. I didn't even realise Scotrail had taken on Class 365s.

Do you have a screenshot?

NoMorePacers

Quote from: Carl on August 12, 2019, 09:53:58 AM
Nice work. I didn't even realise Scotrail had taken on Class 365s.

Do you have a screenshot?
They did from May last year to May this year - as a stopgap to run electric trains from Waverley-Queen Street and Dunblane while the delays to the 385s were going on. They were stored in Crewe/parts of Scotland when enough 385s were delivered.

Anyways, here's a Class 320 in SPT livery.

ScotRail170434

Quote from: NoMorePacers on August 12, 2019, 07:34:02 PM
They did from May last year to May this year - as a stopgap to run electric trains from Waverley-Queen Street and Dunblane while the delays to the 385s were going on. They were stored in Crewe/parts of Scotland when enough 385s were delivered.

The only tricky thing I see still to be done is what to use as a Class 385 repaint.

ScotRail170434

Quote from: NoMorePacers on August 12, 2019, 07:34:02 PM

I've updated some of the Scottish EMUs with new Saltire repaints - seen here:

NoMorePacers

Quote from: ScotRail170434 on August 12, 2019, 09:08:32 PM
The only tricky thing I see still to be done is what to use as a Class 385 repaint.
Possibly either adapting the 380 or the 458/5, although I've attempted both and they are tricky.

ScotRail170434

Quote from: NoMorePacers on August 13, 2019, 08:21:21 AM
Possibly either adapting the 380 or the 458/5, although I've attempted both and they are tricky.

Successfully made one, photos coming soon...

Takamaro

Hello, everyone!

I'm very interested in this thread and would like to draw any British train.
I have confidence in drawing how complex designed vehicles in pak64 size.
(And I developed the special tool that change liveries easily, so I can draw many colour patterns quickly!)
Please tell me train class never made as addon and I'll try to draw.

Thank you.
Requests of pak64 addon are now accepted!

NoMorePacers

Quote from: Takamaro on August 18, 2019, 08:49:48 PM
Hello, everyone!

I'm very interested in this thread and would like to draw any British train.
I have confidence in drawing how complex designed vehicles in pak64 size.
(And I developed the special tool that change liveries easily, so I can draw many colour patterns quickly!)
Please tell me train class never made as addon and I'll try to draw.

Thank you.
A Class 345, a Class 710, a Class 195/331, if you want ideas. :)

Takamaro

Thank you for your replying, NoMorePaces.

My templates of vehicle and drawing technique is too different from your BR trains works,
so I try repainting Class345 based by your class 320 ScotRail colored not to break your works' world..

but I can't understand boundary between body and hoods between cars.
and somepantagraph is not natural.

Could you give me the your correct works' template?

Thanks.

ScotRail170434

Quote from: Takamaro on August 19, 2019, 05:23:42 AM

My templates of vehicle and drawing technique is too different from your BR trains works,
so I try repainting Class345 based by your class 320 ScotRail colored not to break your works' world..

Thanks.

The 320/321 shape is pretty accurate as a base mark for the "Aventra" family.

NoMorePacers

Thanks.
Looks good!

The front end could be more pointy, but apart from that, good job!

Carl

Hi Takamaro

This set is a mish-mash of vehicles created over the last six years or so, and while there is some consistency of style, the quality varies quite a lot (hopefully getting better over time). Pantographs are very inconsistent though.

The more recent files in the download should provide better aligned templates, but there is no one base template.

In addition to the vehicles I've made for my big GB map, there are a bunch of trains painted by other authors dotted throughout this thread.

FWIW the new London vehicles (Classes 345/717/710) are on my to-do-soon list so you should see these in the next main release.

ScotRail170434

Quote from: Carl on August 21, 2019, 08:44:37 AM
Hi Takamaro

This set is a mish-mash of vehicles created over the last six years or so, and while there is some consistency of style, the quality varies quite a lot (hopefully getting better over time). Pantographs are very inconsistent though.

The more recent files in the download should provide better aligned templates, but there is no one base template.

In addition to the vehicles I've made for my big GB map, there are a bunch of trains painted by other authors dotted throughout this thread.

FWIW the new London vehicles (Classes 345/717/710) are on my to-do-soon list so you should see these in the next main release.

FGW 150 anybody?

Takamaro

Hi, Carl. Thank you your replying!

I look into the source of image, I could make images for this pakset more freely maybe.
For example, the pixel size of width is different from authors between 5 - 7 pixels.

If I can use 6-pixels for width, I express the trains'face more expressive.
I'll draw the trains of British Rail using my template for Japanese trains.

Thanks.

Takamaro

I draw(made) new images file for trail.
(But it's Class 100 of Japan National Railway, sorry...)

First, I draw the image of shape definition.

Second, I draw the image of liveries and weathering expression.

Finally, Merge two previous images by my original tool.
The result is following.

I draw three step for each train by class, add liveries patterns more easily.
But I regret developed this tool by Japanese,
If you are interested in this tool or technique about merging, I'll translate this tool in English.
The UK trains have many liveries. Maybe, This tool are helpful for drawing livery patterns more efficiently.