News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

British Trains for Pak 64

Started by Carl, April 17, 2013, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoMorePacers

Click on the Northern319.png file to see it.

fam621

Carl, the trains in a Simutrans Standard are slower than the maximum speed.

Carl

Interesting. I expect that this is due to the physics code working differently. I've simply built the same dat files using a Standard makeobj. Anyone know what might have caused this?

jamespetts

The physics code is definitely different between Standard and Experimental, so this might easily be the issue.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ScotrailFan

Hello,

This is my first contribution to this forum. And I would like to provide some other liveries for your trains. I am unsure as how to convert the images into the .pak files or .dat files, but i thought i'd post this here anyways. The Virgin Trains West Coast "Virgin Radio" livery. This is my first reskin for Simutrans however, I have made some in the past for Train/Transport Fever.

ScotrailFan

Carl

Hi ScotrailFan,

Nice work, thanks for contributing! And welcome to the forum.

fam621

I would like a copy of that please! :D

My first pak.ngb livery! I'M SO PLEASED!

ScotrailFan

Hi!

That's a great livery! Keep up the good work!

I think I've got the hang of it now, here is another reskin/repaint. The East Coast Class 43 HST and MK3 Wagon. I would be thrilled if someone could explain how to make these into proper addons, as this operated to my local station, and as I've been inspired by Carl's work, I'll be re-making it in Simutrans.

ScotrailFan

jamespetts

Excellent! How did you manage to overcome the trouble that you had with the Pak128.Britain graphics, may I ask?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ScotrailFan

Was that question for me or someone else?

jamespetts

My apologies - that was for Fam621 - he had earlier expressed an interest in producing graphics for Pak128.Britain, but had some difficulty in making it work, and I was hoping to learn more about the problem that he was having so as to see whether I could find a way of making it easier for graphics contributors in the future.

ScotrailFan

Hello,

Here is another one, the First ScotRail/ScotRail old livery class 170. This was a challenge for me, as I'm a beginner!

1st Challenge: Converting three liveries into .pak files
2nd Challenge: VTEC Class 43 HST
3rd Challenge: VTEC Interim Livery Class 43 HST

ScotrailFan

Carl

For most of these you can adapt an existing .dat file, so you'll need to change the lines that begin 'emptyimage' to refer to your images.

So if you were adjusting the HSTXC.dat file (the CrossCountry HST), you would change every line like this:

EmptyImage{s}=HSTXC.0.0 (I changed the square brackets as they introduce strikethrough on the forum)

to

EmptyImage{s}=YOURFILENAME.0.0

You can do this with a find/replace. This will also change the names of the vehicles. Your vehicles need to have a unique name, i.e. not be the same as something else already in the pakset, or they won't show up. You also need to pay attention to the Constraint lines in the .dat, which tell you what can come before/after that vehicle. If you do the find/replace method this should all be taken care of.

Next you'll need to find a version of makeobj (and maybe pakhelper) to help turn the dat and png into a pak folder. Does anybody know where the most recent versions of those are kept?

ScotrailFan

Hi,

I can't find a way to get pakhelper to work on a Mac computer, could you please convert this one file to a .pak folder? Thanks a lot.
Also, what platforms do you use in your UK Simutrans Series?

ScotrailFan

ScotrailFan

prissi

Carl

Here's the pak file. I had to change the dat file - take a look at it as a guide to what it needs to look like. You need one entry for each vehicle (in this case, front, middle, rear).

Let me know if there are any problems.

I know pakhelper is outdated, but I do still use it to avoid having to go into the command line. It's just a gui shell to run makeobj, right?

Lewis

Well, here is everything i have ever made......

its in a Rar file as its too big

fam621

Can you make them individual .pak files please? :)

Carl

Lots of these trains have been updated as I've been revisiting the GB map.

Here's a folder containing the updates to dat and png files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc4newq6qa9cegs/british-trains-update.rar?dl=0
This should be used in conjunction with the full download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntajrqwdmn6plri/BritishTrains.rar?dl=0

There are updates to:
- Class 171
- Class 313 Southern
- Class 374
- Class 375
- Class 377 and 387
- Class 395
- Class 444
- Class 450
- Class 465
- Class 170 Scotrail
- Class 357
- HST East Coast
- RHTT set comprised of a Class 73

Note that vehicles that can use third rail have had their electrified track requirement removed - as I'm removing catenary from 3rd rail sections of my map, and I don't think it's worthwhile to use third rail graphics.

Carl

You'll have to explain what the problem is in order for me to be able to address it!

Ves

Fam, when you realize that nobody understands what you are talking about, try back you statement up with a save game that shows what is wrong and show/explain what you think should change. If you think there is a problem with the trains not running at full speed, show a savegame where you point out on the map that a train should run at full speed but is not.

If you wonder wether Carl has saved and upgraded his save game using the new "extended" version, ask that instead and so you will probably get a clear answer. ?

fam621

Will Irish trains be a possible feature soon, has I am working on a new Fictional UK Map with Ireland in it which will require Irish trains for the Ireland network. :)

Carl

It's unlikely that I'll paint Irish trains, but if anybody wants to use my sources as a basis to do so they should feel completely free! :)

ScotrailFan

Hi Guys,

Carl the link that you have posted about the updates is broken could you update it if possible?

Thanks

ScotrailFan  :D

fam621

The link is broken. Can you upload it again please?

Carl

The links in this post work:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11781.msg159226#msg159226

Dropbox changed its link function recently, so older links will often be broken. Let me know if you need anything.

fam621

Something for the Chiltern Mainline Carl. :)

Lewis

Northern Class 180?