News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

British Trains for Pak 64

Started by Carl, April 17, 2013, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Download the new version of the British Trains add-on here.

This includes all sources and pak files for Standard and Experimental (which will presumably work with Extended although they don't include all new features). They aren't economically balanced so you'll need to make some adjustments there if you want to use them in an economic simulation.

Updates since last time include:
- Class 700 added
- Class 707 added
- Class 387 (Great Northern) added
- Class 150 (GWR) added
- Southeastern classes 375 & 376 added
- SWR Class 455 updated

NoMorePacers

The new Class 230, in LNWR livery. I've tried compiling it, but I haven't been able to.

fam621

The class 230s have a yellow front BTW @NoMorePacers.

fam621

NoMorePacers

I have corrected the 230 and also added a 350:

fam621

NoMorePacers

Another livery addition: a Class 175 in the new Transport for Wales livery.

ScotRail170434

Would somebody please make me a Class 318 and Class 320 in ScotRail livery, much appreciated, thanks.

NoMorePacers

Quote from: ScotRail170434 on March 24, 2019, 05:32:57 PM
Would somebody please make me a Class 318 and Class 320 in ScotRail livery, much appreciated, thanks.
Which version of the ScotRail livery?

ScotRail170434

SPT Crimson And ScotRail Saltire

NoMorePacers

Here's a Class 318 in SPT Carmine & Cream livery, with both the old and new cab fronts:

ScotRail170434

Thank you for that, could they be turned into pak files?

NoMorePacers

Quote from: ScotRail170434 on March 24, 2019, 06:21:38 PM
Thank you for that, could they be turned into pak files?
I'll write a dat file for them, and after that you'll be able to run them through makeobj.

NoMorePacers

Here are the dat files for the above two vehicles:

ScotRail170434

I'm having trouble with the conversion, could I please have it in pak form?

NoMorePacers

Quote from: ScotRail170434 on March 24, 2019, 07:10:55 PM
I'm having trouble with the conversion, could I please have it in pak form?
I have tried compiling it, but have got the error "cannot read ./NTUSER.DAT".

ScotRail170434

ScotRail170434

NoMorePacers

Quote from: ScotRail170434 on March 25, 2019, 08:29:31 PM
Is the 318 pak ready yet?
Afraid not. I won't be able to access my computer until Friday evening at the earliest, so it will have to wait. Apologies.

ScotRail170434

Hi, is it possible for the 318 and 320 pak to be done please

mspljd1990

Any chance of the following:

- Class 185 in new Transpennine Express livery
- Class 150, 153, 156, 158, 319 and 333 in new Northern livery
- Northern Class 170

Carl

Most of those will be added to the add-on eventually, but I'm afraid it will be several months at least until I get around to working on the north of England.

mspljd1990

Quote from: Carl on April 01, 2019, 12:00:27 PM
Most of those will be added to the add-on eventually, but I'm afraid it will be several months at least until I get around to working on the north of England.

No worries, and take your time Carl. You always do a great job!

ScotRail170434

Units I still require:

Class 320
Class 318
Class 385

Carl

Hi Scotrail,

We're all doing this in our (often very limited) spare time and usually aren't able to respond rapidly to requests for new work. I would urge patience and not asking over and over as this can annoy people. If you want to get it more quickly, a safer bet might be to learn how to create these graphics and paks yourself. All of us started from scratch and the basic tools involved are quite simple - an image editor like GIMP for the pngs, a text editor like Notepad++ for the dats, and then makeobj for creating paks.

NoMorePacers

Right, I have made a couple of Class 317 liveries (all from 2010 to the present day) that are available here.

The liveries are the first NXEA scheme (white with dark grey doors and metallic slashes on each coach end, and the one I'm least happy with), the second NXEA scheme (just white with dark grey doors; I don't think 317s carried this livery IRL, but it's there if you want to use it), FCC (the one I'm most pleased with personally), Great Northern, and London Overground. I will make the other liveries carried historically as soon as I can.

NoMorePacers

Next up (this one's a quickie), a c2c Class 387:

NoMorePacers

I've completed the next set of 317 liveries here.

The liveries I've done are: BR Blue, the first WAGN livery (white with red doors and the blue stripe at the bottom, and a yellow/dark grey front), the second WAGN livery (purple with white doors), ONE rainbow stripes, the first Stansted Express livery (light blue with white doors and a dark blue stripe), and the second Stansted Express livery (darkish blue with grey doors). I have also provided a modified version of FCC, Great Northern and London Overground liveries, which have a more realistic front end.

I haven't done NSE yet as it's a bit of a pain to get it done to a decent standard.

I may also be willing to take some requests.

fam621

Quote from: NoMorePacers on April 20, 2019, 09:05:16 AM
I've completed the next set of 317 liveries here.

The liveries I've done are: BR Blue, the first WAGN livery (white with red doors and the blue stripe at the bottom, and a yellow/dark grey front), the second WAGN livery (purple with white doors), ONE rainbow stripes, the first Stansted Express livery (light blue with white doors and a dark blue stripe), and the second Stansted Express livery (darkish blue with grey doors). I have also provided a modified version of FCC, Great Northern and London Overground liveries, which have a more realistic front end.

I haven't done NSE yet as it's a bit of a pain to get it done to a decent standard.

I may also be willing to take some requests.

Nice work m8. Keep it up!

NoMorePacers

To complete the FCC collection, here's a Class 321 in that livery:

fam621

Quote from: NoMorePacers on April 21, 2019, 09:27:35 AM
To complete the FCC collection, here's a Class 321 in that livery:

My god these trains are good. (Atleast someone is making liveries for pak64.britain-ex (pak.ngb) unlike pak128.britain-ex where no-liveries have been produced for a while.)

NoMorePacers

Quote from: thegamer7893 on April 21, 2019, 12:35:35 PM
My god these trains are good. (Atleast someone is making liveries for pak64.britain-ex (pak.ngb) unlike pak128.britain-ex where no-liveries have been produced for a while.)
I'd make some for pak128.britain if I knew how to modify liveries properly in Blender.